For a parent who has had twins, the experience she will have in the next few years comprise of double fun and double trouble. Of course, our grandparents also reared twins during their times and they grew up. The parents of today, however, are under some intense pressure of all the things they need to achieve in one day. For a modern mom who has the best baby monitor for twins beside her, though, it’s very possible to accomplish her daily double chores with ease.
With or without many to-dos in the house, it’s good to have a baby monitor in your twins’ house. At some point during the day, you’ll need to bask at your backyard or read your newest collection in your pergolas. Will you wake the little angels from their sleep or interrupt their toy blocks game for you to do that?
Oh, no. The new, contemporary technology doesn’t even require you to keep moving and down to check on your kids. In fact, a good audio baby monitor allows you to talk/ comfort your infant with your voice. This, definitely, is one of the major advantages of having a baby monitor as you can be in the middle of your cooking and then you hear the kid/scrying.
Apart from monitoring your kids as you do chores, other benefits of having a baby monitor for your twins include:
Other Benefits of Baby Monitors for Twins in 2021
- 1 Other Benefits of Baby Monitors for Twins in 2021
- 2 List of Best Baby Monitors for Twins in 2021
- 2.1 1. Infant Optics DXR-8 Video Baby Monitor
- 2.2 2. Lefun Wireless Wifi Baby Monitor W/ Two Way Audio & Pan Tilt Zoom
- 2.3 3. DBPOWER Pan-Tilt-Zoom Video Baby Monitor
- 2.4 4. Peteme 1080P HD Wifi Baby Monitor
- 2.5 5. Babysense Video Baby Monitor W/ 2 Digital Cameras
- 2.6 6. Vtech VM301 Safe & Sound Baby Monitor
- 2.7 7. Arlo Smart Wifi Baby Monitor W/ 2-Way Audio & Night Light
- 2.8 8. Victure 1080P Full HD Baby Monitor
- 2.9 9. Vtech DM221 Audio Baby Monitor
- 2.10 10. FlexxiCam Universal Baby Monitor Holder
- 2.11 Buying Guide for the Best Baby Monitors
- 2.12 What to Look For When Buying a Best Baby Monitor For Twins
- 3 Choosing the Right Baby Monitor For Twins in 2021
Watch over your baby as you take care of the other one in another room. This will minimize the need for carrying both babies around the house, which of course, would be tiring.
For better tracking of sleep: well, this one works out in two different ways. In one, the baby monitor will help check on if the twins are really sleeping or playing. The other one, on the other hand, is to help ensure your baby gets to sleep enough.
Monitor your kids while away from home: This one is supported by the wifi-enabled baby monitor that allows you to view video footage from the internet. This kind of device is best for working parents as it allows one to check on how her loved ones are doing. It’ll also help keep a closer watch on your babysitter and keep you on the hook that everything is going smoothly at home.
Record precious moments of your babies: although it’s on select models of baby monitors, the feature allows you to keep a record of the precious moments of your two angels. You can even share the special moments with the working parents or other members of the family, including the grandparents.
Take care of a child with Health Issues: That’s true. A good video baby monitor helps lessen the worries in case one of your babies is sick as you will be able to see the visual signs. This is an important aspect to consider, particularly if your baby has epilepsy or asthma as you will be able to offer special care efficiently.
List of Best Baby Monitors for Twins in 2021
1. Infant Optics DXR-8 Video Baby Monitor
- 2020 Award Winner: Babylist Best Baby Monitors Of 2020 *(Awarded On January 8, 2020)
- Perfect Size & Weight Ratio - No Large Batteries To Power Energy-Hungry Large Screens. The Dxr-8 Is...
This baby monitor is by far one of the best creations and a piece of all mothers. Along with the 5-star rating from over 33, 000 buyers on Amazon, the Infant Optics’ model aced the trophy of the best baby monitor in 2018. This award was greatly facilitated by the interchangeable lens system that allows one to choose the best suitable viewing angle for a specific environment.
If you want a closer watch of your kids as they sleep, for instance, you just need to equip the zoom lens. In case you want to watch the playing space of the twins, you’ll just fit the zoom out lens that has a wide-angle lens.
Infant Optics DXR-8 Video Baby Monitor has a sound-activated LED bar that allows you to track even the slightest movement in the dark. The feature can also come in handy when you have switched off the LCD display to save on the power.
- A truly award-winning video baby monitor with quality, robust hardware
- Features excellent, contemporary technology with pan/tilt/zoom and interchangeable lens.
- Highly cost-effective as you can connect with up to 4 cameras
- Transmits video feed via a secure 2.4GHz signal with FHSS technology.
- It can transmit video feeds up to 700 feet.
- Has a two-way audio feature and a remote thermometer
- It comes with Invisible infrared LED lights and sound-activated LED bars to monitor dark spaces.
2. Lefun Wireless Wifi Baby Monitor W/ Two Way Audio & Pan Tilt Zoom
- REMOTE MONITORING: Without a specific display, Lefun home cameras can be used as baby monitor to...
- RECORD PLEASURE MOMENTS: Lefun pet camera supports video recording and playback via TF card storage...
This Lefun’s model is one of the best pieces if you’re a working parent and you would like to monitor your babies at home. The ultra-modern baby monitor is WiFi-enabled, hence, you can link with your phone, tablet, or PC and live stream video feed from anywhere.
Lefun Wireless Wifi Baby Monitor has a two-way audio feature that you can use to comfort or talk with your twins. The device allows you to even record some special moments that you can share with relatives or use for future reference.
Lefun Wireless Wifi Baby Monitor is very simple to set up as it doesn’t require crazy wiring as with the standard CCTV system. This system has remarkable IR LED lights and intelligent motion sensors that ensure you can easily monitor your kids in the darkness.
- Very simple to set up (with 2.4GHz wifi) and operate with your mobile devices
- Features clean HD view and high quality 2-way audio feature
- Has a clear night vision and excellent motion detection feature
- Supports both local storage (up to 128GB TF card) and cloud service
- Allows remote monitoring from anywhere
- Has a pan rotation of 350° and 100° tilt
- Features a remarkable financial encryption security technology that protects your data
3. DBPOWER Pan-Tilt-Zoom Video Baby Monitor
- EASY TO OPERATE: Friendly-user interface on rechargeable battery operated parent unit.
- SMART FEATURES: Room temperature monitor and alert, two-way talk, nightlight, lullaby, sound...
Crafted with the latest, contemporary technology, DBPOWER Pan-Tilt-Zoom Video Baby Monitor allows you to not only monitor your twins. But keep track of their environment as well using the installed temperature sensor. The baby monitor also has nightlight and lullaby features that allow you to create a fun and comfortable space for your twins.
DBPOWER Pan-Tilt-Zoom Video Baby Monitor is truly flexible as you can stand-mount it, or fix it on the ceiling or wall. The surveillance unit can be used with up to 4 cameras, which you can even monitor all simultaneously using the split-screen feature. For optimal efficacy, the monitor has sound activated LED lights that can alert you of the baby crying.
This DBPOWER’s split screen baby monitor transmit the video feed via the 2.4GHz FHSS signal, hence, ultimately secure. The system even supports video recording to a micro SD card for later reference.
- Very easy to install without the need of any professional help
- Features stunning temperature and nightlight features to guarantee a fun and comfy environment.
- Can be used with up to 4 cameras and it supports split-screen for smooth monitoring
- Has sound-activated led lights for alerting you when the baby is crying in case the LED screen is turned off
- It allows you to remotely control the surveillance camera using the Pan-Tilt-Zoom feature. The camera can rotate
- 270°horizontally and 110° vertically.
4. Peteme 1080P HD Wifi Baby Monitor
- 【FHD 1080P & CRSTAL Night Vision】-1920*1080P FHD resolution, 6G lens,& 9 infrared LED...
- 【Motion Detection & Real-Time Alert】-Track movements in real time and send a alert message to...
This is another model of best baby monitor that you can go for if you’re a working parent and would like to keep in touch with your little angels. It is wifi enabled, hence, you can connect with your smartphone or iPad and watch over your kids at home. The feature can even work as your third eye in case you feel nervous leaving your children with the new nanny.
Peteme 1080P HD Wifi Baby Monitor is ultimately flexible as you can use it in both close and wide viewing. The system can rotate horizontally up to 150°, 355° vertically, and 100° wide. Thus, assuring a complete 360° viewing angle without missing any of the corners in the kids’ playing space.
When it comes to the functionality, the Peteme Wifi baby Monitor produces 1080P Full HD pictures and crystal clear night vision. The monitor has an excellent motion detection feature that sends you a real-time alert message to your phone. Two-way audio baby monitor.
- Produces quality 1080P Full HD videos
- Has a free PTZ and wide angle of view for monitoring a large space efficiently
- Features a 2-way audio function to speak with your twins fluently remotely
- Supports remote access with your mobile device
- Has 9 infrared LED lights and motion detection sensors to ensure efficiency in dark backgrounds
5. Babysense Video Baby Monitor W/ 2 Digital Cameras
- Supplied with Two Cameras - Allows monitoring two babies in different rooms from one Parent Unit....
- 2.4 Inch High Quality Color LCD Display with Enhanced 2.4GHz FHSS Technology - Provides high...
Babysense Video Baby Monitor uses the 2.4GHz FHSS technology to transmit the video feed in the 2.4” color display. Although it can’t support remote access with your mobile device, the system is more secure and economical. The baby monitor, though, supports the 2-way talkback communication that you can use to comfort your kid/s with your own voice.
As for the friendliness, Babysense Video Baby Monitor has sensors for monitoring the room temperature and lullabies to soothe your babies to sleep. The prestigious surveillance unit can be expanded with up to four cameras for other rooms your children are mostly in. The best long-range baby monitor.
- Features two digital cameras to monitor two toddlers in different rooms
- Uses a stable and secure 2.4GHz FHSS signal to function
- Has a long-range transmission of up to 900 feet (without obstruction)
- Features an excellent 2-way audio function
- The baby monitor has various features, including temperature sensor, sound-activated LED indicators, lullabies and
- Alarm/ timer setting.
6. Vtech VM301 Safe & Sound Baby Monitor
- This configuration includes one parent unit (monitor) and two baby units (cameras)
- When you charge the battery pack initially or it has not been used for a long period of time, charge...
If your high interests are on a good audio baby monitor, the Vtech VM321 is the right system for you. Yes, the baby monitor has a 2.8” full-color LCD screen that shows fine images. But its designers focused most on the audio and that’s why they even installed DECT 6.0 digital technology to eliminate background noise. Hence, ensuring you can even hear your child snore or toss and turn in the night.
The baby unit of Vtech VM301 Safe & Sound monitor comes with an adjustable camera lens that you get to choose the best viewing angle for you. The unit has some powerful infrared LEDs to help you monitor your twins in the dark without having to power the lights. Also, the baby monitor has a temperature sensor for making sure the room is habitable. Vtech is the best split-screen baby monitor.
- Very easy to mount and operate
- Features DECT 6.0 digital technology to ensure quality, fine audio
- Has adjustable camera lens and powerful infrared LED lights
- Supports a long-range transmission of up to 1,000 feet
- The baby unit includes a room temperature sensor and soothing lullabies
7. Arlo Smart Wifi Baby Monitor W/ 2-Way Audio & Night Light
- 1080P HD video quality - view live or recorded videos in excellent detail and rich Color, from...
- 2-way wireless talk - comfort and talk to your baby from anywhere, whether you’re at the office or...
Arlo Smart Wifi Baby Monitor is a modern surveillance unit that allows you to watch your lovely toddlers from wherever you’re. The baby monitor can be customized with your nursery’s décor using its lovely, interchangeable characters such as green bunny.
Arlo Smart Wifi Baby Monitor has a powerful cam that captures 1080P HD video and quality sound using the built-in mic and speaker. The surveillance unit is wifi enabled to make sure you can view live video feed and talk with your twins from anywhere. Be it at work in the neighboring city or in a business meeting abroad.
The Arlo’s Baby Monitor is remarkably flexible with its rechargeable battery as you can move it for temporary monitoring. The unit is compatible with other home smart features, including Amazon Alexa, Echo Spot, Fire TV, and Apple HomeKit.
- Features contemporary technology that allows it to even work with Smart home techs like Alexa, Google Assistant, and Apple Home Kit
- Produces fine 1080P HD video and quality 2-way wireless talk
- Has advanced night vision to help you see your babies clearly even in darkness
- Very easy to install and use
- It allows remote access from anywhere in the world.
8. Victure 1080P Full HD Baby Monitor
- [ 2 WAY AUDIO ANTI NOISE ]-Victure video baby monitor is built-in 48dB microphone & speaker and...
- [ SMART MOTION DETECTION ]-When Victure wifi baby camera detects moving and abnormity, notifications...
If you’re still looking for the best long-range baby monitor for your twins, you can consider Victure 1080P Full HD Baby Monitor. The surveillance unit will not just connect you with your babies while outside in the backyard but even when at work miles away. This is because the baby monitor is wifi supported (2.4GHz), therefore, you can easily link with your mobile device for remote access.
Victure 1080P Full HD Baby Monitor comes with a stunning two-way audio function that allows you to speak with your young ones whenever you want. The contemporary baby monitor has a motion detection feature that sends you a real-time notification via your mobile phone. Hence, keeping you on the hook whenever the kids are around the camera system.
For optimal efficacy, Victure 1080P Full HD Baby Monitor has an automatic night vision that allows you to check on your babies without disturbance. The system supports both local SD storage and cloud service so that you can be able to keep a record of your babies’ special moments.
- Produces 1080P quality full HD video feed
- Has a superb 2-way audio function with anti-noise technology to ensure fluent communication
- 2.4GHz wifi enabled, hence, supports remote access from anywhere
- Features an intelligent motion detection feature and powerful IR LEDs
- Supports both cloud and local SD card storage
- Compatible with iOS and Android devices.
9. Vtech DM221 Audio Baby Monitor
- [ 2 WAY AUDIO ANTI NOISE ]-Victure video baby monitor is built-in 48dB microphone & speaker and...
- [ SMART MOTION DETECTION ]-When Victure wifi baby camera detects moving and abnormity, notifications...
Although it may seem old-fashioned, an audio baby monitor is still significant in several scenarios and that’s why we still have Vtech DM221. The baby monitor has DECT 6.0 technology that helps eliminate background disturbance and guarantee a crystal clear transmission.
Vtech DM221 Audio Baby Monitor can be used in instances where your baby only needs to hear your voice. It can also be usable in cases where your children are playing in an area with video surveillance cameras but which doesn’t have the audio function.
On the parent unit of this audio monitor, there’s a 5-level sound indicator that displays the level of sound in your babies’ room.
Vtech DM221 Audio Baby Monitor uses rechargeable batteries that can go for up 18 hours before the next recharge. The best long-range baby monitor.
- Features DECT 6.0 technology that guarantees fine and quality sound
- Supports Two-way communication
- Can transmit up to a distance range of 1000 feet
- Works with a rechargeable battery, hence, flexible to use
- It has a 5-level sound indicator to show the noise level of your kids’ playroom.
- Features voice-activated vibrations to alert you when there is a sound in your babies’ room.
10. FlexxiCam Universal Baby Monitor Holder
- GET THE BEST VIEW OF YOUR BABY – this flexible baby monitor holder allows you to get the perfect...
- UNIVERSAL FIT FOR MOST BABY MONITORS ON THE MARKET – This baby camera holder fits most baby video...
In the majority of cases, twins are never born alike. One of them can be ultimately healthy and fit but the other one, unfortunately, gets born with a weak immune system. That, definitely, will require you to keep a closer look at the one with health issues so that you can provide the special care in the time of need.
Tough there are others, this is the major reason we have opted to include this FlexxiCam Universal Baby Monitor Holder in our discussion. The system is very easy to use as you only need to cramp it to any kind of furniture or window sill. This holder is can bend and rotate to give you the best view of your baby, particularly when sleeping.
Just as its name suggests, FlexxiCam Universal Baby Monitor Holder is “universal”, which means it’s compatible with most of the cameras (but with a stand base). The clamp of the baby video camera holder is very easy to install, disassemble and pack. Thus, very easy to move around with during your vacation or overnight stay.
Buying Guide for the Best Baby Monitors
If you have been a bit attentive to the above brief reviews, you must have noticed we have discussed three different kinds of baby monitors. Of course, we have reviewed 10 different products but they all fall under three categories, which have individual benefits.
Knowing the kinds of monitors we have largely helps you in discerning the best device for your situation. If the twins are very young, you’ll come to learn that the audio monitors can be more effective than the video models.
Anyways, following are the 3 kinds of baby monitors available in case you didn’t notice them on your own:
This one has the most reference models from the examples above. This comes as a baby monitor with video feeds is the best solution for monitoring two or more kids. Considering our twins’ case, a video monitor will help tell which baby has woken up. Thus, giving you a chance to get him out of the room before he starts crying and wakes the other one.
Although one camera unit can still work out for you, it’s best you consider two of them since you also have two babies. Doing this will let you focus one of the baby camera units to one baby and the second one to the other baby. Thereby, enhancing precision and helping you see who is sleeping and who is not.
Audio Baby Monitor:
Although we have only reviewed one or two models, audio monitors are very essential, particularly for very young babies. Before the toddlers have known how to hop around, the ability to hear them is the most essential aspect. The majority of these ‘baby walkie-talkies” usually have a sensitive microphone that senses even the slightest sound.
Like we stated earlier, an audio baby monitor can also be helpful if you already had video surveillance cameras with no audio features. You’ll just be watching your kids with that regular home security camera but do the communication through the audio monitor.
Smart Baby Monitor
These are the new, contemporary monitors that have widely taken over the market of home surveillance systems. The systems in this group usually feature some additional features on top of the obvious ones. They are the monitors you’ll come across with features like temperature sensor, humidity sensor, breathing sensor, and heartbeat sensor.
Smart baby monitors are most important in areas where either of the babies needs special care.
What to Look For When Buying a Best Baby Monitor For Twins
While the benefits of each kind of baby monitor might differ, the features are usually almost similar. Of course, there are some features you’ll find in a specific monitor model and those are not essential. The essential features of baby monitors for twins are usually uniform and they define the convenience of each system.
Some of the key features you need to look for when buying a baby monitor for your twins include:
Range and Signal: This is one of the top aspects to consider, though it’ll depend on the size of your house and the present obstructions. If your house is big, you’ll need a long-range monitor (about 1,000 feet) that will still function even when at the farthest end of the room. If you find that monitor type inconvenient, you can go with the wifi-enabled model that supports remote access with a mobile device.
Field of View: This aspect predominantly depends on how you want to use your baby monitor. A baby unit that has a pan-tilt-zoom feature can be effective in monitoring your twins’ playroom. But a model like Infant Optics DXR-8 can be more convenient with its interchangeable lens system as it supports both close and wide view angle.
Sound Detection Feature:
Oh, yeah! When in the market, make sure the baby monitor that you pick has the sound detection feature. This will help ensure you get to hear your baby whining and know when she needs some help. In case the baby monitor has a display screen plus the sound-activated function, it’ll be very easy for you to exactly determine which twin is crying.
Split Screen/ Dual Screen: In case our twins are using different rooms, a split-screen baby monitor can come in handy. It will help you monitor both babies simultaneously without unnecessary switching from one camera to another. Hence, enabling you to catch the one who’s woken up before waking up the other twin.
Night Vision & Motion Sensor: a baby monitor which has excellent infrared LED lights and motion detection feature helps monitor your babies even in the total darkness. With the movement detection sensor, the baby monitor gives out an alert immediately there is a movement.
Camera Control: In case you decide to get a baby monitor with one camera, it’s good you get one with a rotatable camera (Pan-Tilt-Zoom model). This type of camera helps in monitoring a large space in a cost-effective way.
Choosing the Right Baby Monitor For Twins in 2021
As we said in the very beginning, having twins usually come as a mix of both double fun and trouble. You’ll have to take care of your precious angels and at the same time complete your normal daily routine. Unlike in the times of our grandparents, having the best baby monitor will, definitely, enable you to care for all your daily chores effectively.
In our guide, we have included for you 10 of the top-best baby monitors models, as well as the essential features to consider when buying. So, choosing what’s right for you and your babies is now easy.