The dashboard camera is increasing in popularity over the last few years majorly because of the wide array of benefits it offers. In simple terms, this is the kind of camera you mount on the car’s dashboard and is aimed at recording sounds and images as you drive.
The dash cam is purposely for carefully recording all details taking place both inside the car and on the road while serving many other functions.
Top Reasons Why You Should Invest In A Dash Cam
At the time being, the cameras are widespread around the world with driving instructors, police officers, regular drivers, public service vehicle drivers, among others. An essential function with the affordable and feature-packed cameras like the Garmin dash cam 55, is that they can be integrated with various on-board technologies including GPS devices and recorders. Here are the top four reasons to buy a dashboard camera for your car:
- First-hand evidence of incidents: This is probably the main reason why drivers are installing dash cams. These devices can give straight-to-the-point, efficient, and real-time proof in the event of accidents.
- Solution for unruly drivers: Another vital reason to buy a dashcam is it might come in handy when you have to report riotous drivers. When facing a bad encounter with a reckless driver, the camera becomes your best evidence.
- Ideal for worried parents: If you are worried that your child will take the car keys when you are away, the dashboard camera is your ultimate solution.
- Prevent insurance fraud: It is not uncommon for some drivers to purposely cause accidents and shift blame to the other party. They do that so they can extort money from their victims. With a quality dashcam, you can protect your insurance provider from these fictitious drivers.
That aside here is a deeper insight into why you need to consider the Garmin dash cam 55 installations in your vehicle:
Review: Garmin Dash Cam 55
The Dash Cam 55 couples numerous features to give you more than a recording of your drive! It is both fun and easy to display driving footage, as well as transform the long hours of driving into brief highlights. While the device is compact and discreet, it can record videos when your car is parked. Just remember to connect the camera to the cable accessory for dash cam parking mode and you are good to go.
Check out these brief highlights on the Garmin dash cam 55:
- Small and discreet enough to mount on the windshield
- High-quality 3.7 MP camera and 1440 pixel video capture; works perfectly in low-light conditions
- Headfirst collision and lane deviation warnings, with alerts for nearby speed cameras or red light cameras
- GPS-enabled plus programmed incident recognition (G-Sensor), saving video recordings on impact to confirm when and where events occurred
- Voice control lets you start and stop recording, take still images, or start and stop the travel photo capture function
With the unmatched features mentioned above, this camera undoubtedly provides the best pick for drivers. If you feel the dashcam does not meet your specific needs, you can try checking our best dash cam for truckers.
Warranty: One-Year Consumer Limited Warranty
Table comparison of dash cams 35, 45, and 55 features:[table id=11 /]
Garmin Dash Cam 55 In-Detail
If you are still undecided whether this is the right dashboard camera for you, consider checking out the comprehensive review of its features below:
1. Video Recording
Dash Cam 55 is a straightforward HD driving recorder that comes with a 2.0” LCD display. It also has a wide-angle lens to capture the whole road. The device is GPS enabled to ensure captured footage includes detailed location and time data. This helps to pinpoint accurately when and where the events transpired.
The device automatically starts recording and saves the footage for future reference, like in the case of accidents. Since it features a G-Sensor (automatic incident detection), the camera is self-programmed to save present, past, and next footage, hence keeping a full record of events.
3. Driver Alerts
Besides, the advanced driver alerts feature provides you worry-less driving on the busy highways. All you have to do is just focusing ahead and driving. This feature is designed to give forewarnings of forwarding collision when getting too close to the vehicle ahead, and lane departure when straying from your lane. Additionally, drivers don’t have to worry about speed cameras or red lights as you’ll get alerts for those too.
4. Voice Command
Voice command is another great functionality the dash cam incorporates. This means you can use your voice to command the garmin dash cam 55 to start/stop:
- Audio recording
- Taking still pictures
- Travelers video capture
5. Video Sync
This dashboard camera has an in-built Wi-Fi to help you wirelessly, synchronize videos to a compatible smartphone. Simply download the VIRB App free from Google Play Store. Doing this makes it easier for you to share the footage with legal authorities, friends, or insurance firms.
How to Install Dash Cam 55?
The dash cam 55 is not just popular for its incredible features, but also because it is easy to install and use.
- Put both cameras and mount on the metal disc.
- Plug the car’s power cable into the device’s USB port.
- Has the power cable routed to your car power outlet?
- The other end of your car’s power cable should be plugged into the power outlet of your vehicle.
- Turn on your vehicle’s ignition to switch on the device
- Follow the on-screen instruction to finish the first dashboard camera setup. The camera view should appear.
- Adjust the position of your camera to get the best field of view.
Note: Before going in with the Garmin dash cam 55 installations, be sure to install the mount and let the adhesive bond to the windshield for at least 24 hours. If you do not allow sufficient bonding time, it may result in the mount detaching from the windshield, and cause damage to the mount or product.
The Bottom Line
To sum everything up, a dashboard camera such as the Garmin dash cam 55 is a great investment. This is particularly because it is very affordable and comes with a simple design for any driver to use. Thanks to the suction cup, you can install the cameras on the windshield or dashboard of your vehicle within seconds.