At this point, living without CCTV on your property is a choice, not that you couldn’t afford it. In the LaView security camera reviews that we’ll be looking at today, each device costs thirty bucks or less. So, you can even pick enough for your indoor and outdoors, yet still have some change on your $200.
Of course, we still can’t compare the brand with the systems from a company like Ring or Nest or Arlo. But it has been effective for thousands of homeowners who couldn’t afford to spend $100+ on a single camera.
What’s the Best LaView Security Camera?
LaView has a pretty wide devices catalog to consider for your property. It used to offer a stand-alone and security camera system with DVR, but they kind of decided to focus more on the former lately.
In each of the standalone security cameras, the brand has added both WiFi and local recording capabilities. So, they’ll continue to work even when the internet is down.
As for the question of the best LaView security camera, the R3 pan-tilt model is our first recommendation.
Our Favorite Pick: LaView R3 Pan-Tilt Indoor WiFi Security Camera
Records 1080p@25fp HD, 75° tilt/ 355° pan, human detection support, built-in mic & speaker, H.264 video compression, and 128GB MicroSD card
Good for Outdoors: LaView B9 HD Outdoor WiFi Security Camera
Features IP65 weatherproof design, 1080p HD videos, two-way talk support, intelligent motion detection, ONVIF compliance, and Alexa compatible
Is the LaView Security Camera Any Good?
First up, it’s always good to pick your security cameras from what it offers, and less on what it shows. In the case of LaView, some of their deals may seem too cheap to be true, but they’re legit.
The brand, of course, is not a new player if that’s what you had thought. It has been in production since 2013, where they have been providing security solutions for both homes and businesses.
As a company, LaView is based right here in California and usually operates as an American. It also claims to have its cloud servers right here in the USA. Hence, perhaps one of the reasons it has gained trust from all the major retailers, including Amazon, Walmart, Sam’s Club, Target, and others.
Even so, we believe LaView has its main production facilities in China, similar to most providers nowadays, anyways. One of the reasons for saying this is its low price-point, especially on the wireless security cameras. Then, the second evidence is from their product descriptions, whereby it lists China as the country of origin
But whether MADE in the USA or not, is the LaView security camera worth it? Is the $30 really worthwhile, or should you just go for the Blink or Wyze camera that sells around the same price?
Well, in our opinion, LaView is, indeed, a good security camera system. The five key benefits of the brand include:
LaView security camera is available at varying prices, ranging from as low as $20 to $100, depending on the features and capabilities.
- Extensive Catalog
The LaView security camera is affordable as it has various options you can consider. If it’s the cheapest category, you can find the likes of the F1 indoor camera that brings you only the crucial features.
The brand also has an outdoor battery powered security camera if you don’t have electrical outlets to plug the adapter. Then, there’s a limited line of pan-tilt cameras to help you cover more ground of your indoor or outdoors with one device.
- Record Everything In Detail
At its price, we surely can’t criticize LaView WiFi security camera about the picture quality. The videos have rich color and details during the day. Then, they also come with audio capabilities, plus a two-way talk feature.
- 100% Free
As was mentioned earlier, the LaView security camera does come with built-in local storage. It has a slot that you can insert a MicroSD card of up to 128GB capacity. So, you necessarily don’t need to pay for the monthly cloud fees.
- Innovative Design And Technologies:
One of the top features of a LaView security camera is the stylish design that you can place even in the living rooms. It also has various intelligent features, like motion detection, person detection, as well Alexa integration for quick access.
Comparing the Features, Pros, and Cons of the LaView Wireless Security Cameras
Similar to other brands, every LaView security camera has unique qualities. So, let’s now break down four of the creations and see how they differ in features, strengths, and also drawbacks.
|LaView Security Camera Series||Maximum Video Quality||Field of View||Best Benefit|
|LaView R3 Pan-Tilt Indoor WiFi Security Camera||1080p HD||105 Degrees||Pan & Motion Tracking|
|LaView B9 HD Outdoor WiFi Security Camera||1080p HD||130 Degrees||IP65 Weatherproof|
|LaView F1 Indoor WiFi Security Camera 4-Pack||1080p HD||105 Degrees||Cheaper than the Rest|
|LaView F1 1080p Home WiFi Security Camera 2-Pack||1080p HD||105 Degrees||Free Micro SD Cards|
Our Favorite Pick Pick: LaView R3 Pan-Tilt Indoor WiFi Security Camera
- 3 Pack 1080P HD Wi-Fi Camera, 2 Free SD Cards: 2.1-megapixel resolution always brings you a clear...
- Easy set up: Camera and App are easy to install, simple to control, and a breeze to maintain....
Overall, this is the best LaView security camera and the bestseller at the moment. It’s not only budget-friendly but also stands out from the rest in the design and performance.
If it’s coverage, the security camera uses a 105-degree lens, but it can also rotate the head vertically and horizontally. Thus, giving you a shot of your entire room while cruising it with the mobile app.
Furthermore, the WiFi camera has a 2.1MP CMOS image sensor that can record up to 1080p Full HD videos. In simple words, that means you can enjoy videos with great details and that you can easily identify the intruders.
Nonetheless, the security camera only supports the standard H.264 video compression setting. So, the storage consumption of your recordings will be relatively higher compared to 1080p cameras with the advanced HEVC H.265 codec.
- It delivers clear images day and night
- So easy to install and set up by yourself
- Can also lock on the moving subject and follow
- Records videos with audio and also have two-way talk
- Can connect with Alexa devices for hands-free control
- You can also set to detect only humans or plus pets
- It doesn’t work with 5.0GHz WiFi
- Instructions aren’t the greatest or thorough
- The camera topples easily from the narrow base
Good for Outdoors: LaView B9 HD Outdoor WiFi Security Camera
- 1080P Hd & 130° Wide Angle & Night Vision: Laview Outdoor Security Camera Is Equipped With 2.1...
- Motion Detection& Two-Way Audio: Motion Detection Technology Enables The Outdoor Camera To Detect...
The LaView B9 security camera is an excellent choice if you want to keep an eye on your backyard or the car outside. It has an IP65 waterproof design, which means it can withstand dust and moderate jets of water.
Similar to the R3 model, this security camera has a 2.1MP image sensor that can record up to 1080p Full HD videos. It also has a relatively wide field of vision to cover more scenes, albeit without the panning feature.
More on that, LaView designed the camera with an auto IR switch to ensure you continue to see what’s happening in the darkness. Also, it records at a 25fps, which, of course, isn’t the smoothest, but enough to capture videos with more details.
Speaking of recording, the wireless security camera does have a smart motion detection feature. So, you can receive real-time alerts of intrusion on your phone while even miles away.
- It delivers smooth and clear videos
- Can withstand harsh outdoor conditions
- Support audio recording and two-way talk
- Has human detection to cut down false alerts
- Supports both cloud and local storage options
- Can pair with Alexa or Google Assistant devices
- It can connect with third-party software and recorders
- It doesn’t work with 5.0GHz WiFi
- Quite difficult to work the ONVIF feature
- The speaker output is relatively disappointing
Good for Value: LaView F1 Indoor WiFi Security Camera Bundle
- Stay Connected to your home with phone and PC: Download LaView app from Google Store and APP Store...
- Wired Wi-Fi Cameras 1080P & HD Night Vision: 2.1-megapixel resolution always brings you a clear live...
The LaView F1 unit here’s a perfect example if you want to save some bucks. It allows you to buy a lot of four cameras at around a hundred bucks (exactly $25/ camera). But, sadly, they’re all IP54 weatherproof rated. So, you can only place them indoors where there’s not much dust or rain jets.
The entire CCTV set is also using a 2.1MP image sensor, thereby recording up to 1080p HD, colored videos during the day. Then, at night switches to the infrared that has black & white pictures.
Furthermore, the security cameras have a built-in microphone to ensure you get videos that you can also listen to. There’s also a tiny-but-effective speaker that you can use to communicate with your kid, parent, or even pets when away.
In addition to that, LaView also designed the indoor cameras with a slot you can add a MicroSD card of up to 128GB. So, you won’t need to pay for cloud storage, though it’s available.
- It records bright and sharp videos
- Straightforward to set up on your own
- Has an elegant design for an indoor setting
- Supports both motion and sound detection
- Easy to disable/ enable infrared night mode
- It Can sync with Alexa devices for quick access
- You can’t view them on the PC/ MAC app
- Has some delay between motion detection
- The cameras don’t work with 5.0GHz WiFi
Good for Budget: LaView F1 1080p Home WiFi Security Camera 2-Pack
- 2 Pack 1080P HD Wi-Fi Camera, Total 2 Free SD Cards: 2.1-megapixel resolution always brings you a...
- Easy set up: Durable camera and stable app,easy to install and a breeze to use. Compatible with...
Last on the list is another part of the LaView F1, but this time with only two cameras instead of four. It’s a great choice if you have a smaller budget at hand yet still want a system that will offer an effective indoor security solution.
For instance, each of the two security cameras records in Full HD quality, which, of course, is enough in most applications. They also have a built-in sensor beside the lens to capture and alert you of the inbound movements. Then, there’s a dedicated slot you can put a MicroSD card to record evidence without paying for the cloud.
In fact, LaView sends the two security cameras with a 32GB card each, but they support up to 128GB capacity.
- It’s very affordable
- Records videos with audio
- Supports two-way conversation
- So easy to set up on the mobile app
- Allows hands-free control via Alexa
- You can easily adjust the camera head angle
- It doesn’t work with 5.0GH WiFi
- The night vision needs improvement
- Playback doesn’t have a fast-forward function
If you don’t have or want to spend big on a single security camera, LaView is a great place to start your search. It has a security solution for everyone, with some costing you less than thirty dollars.
Despite the affordability, you can see in the LaView security camera reviews above that the brand has invested well in the latest technologies. Of course, they still have a lot to catch up on, but features like human detection and smart home integration are very demanding at the moment.
Even better, the motion auto-tracking function in the LaView R3 indoor camera is something we don’t see every day. Then, the option to save your recordings on the MicroSD card is not only cost-effective but also a life-saver for when the internet is down.