Although they just started as game tools, trail cameras are now an essential piece of outdoor monitoring. The video surveillance system has a wide array of uses, including detecting theft and vandalism activities on your property. Considering the wide array of options on the market, this article aims at helping you choose the best trail camera under 100 buks.
Of course, there are other models costing more than that. But why should we recommend an expensive piece yet there’s a cheaper one that can serve the same purpose perfectly and satisfactorily?
Why Choose A Trail Camera Over A Home Security Camera System?
First of all, no system is more important than the other. A security camera system has its favorable edge and a trail cam has areas it can perform better than any other system.
Some of the benefits you get to enjoy when using a trail camera include:
Accurate Records: the device usually provides recordings with the exact date and time of when it happened. This eases your hunting since you’ll have the details of when to expect your prey. In the event of a burglary activity, you’ll have accurate evidence of when the event took place.
Multifunction: as we’ve just said, a trail cam usually has a wide array of functions. You can use it to track activities in the wild for hunting, monitoring animals/ plants growth, and observing the behavior of particular wildlife. With the best trail camera for security, you have the advantage of outstanding motion detection that counts even the slightest movements.
Guaranteed maximum safety:
This one is for hunters or adventurers or campers, whereby the system allows you to play it safe while in the wild. You only need to set the camera up and leave it to perform its magic. Hence, allowing you to collect the desired details without having to risk your life in the chilly nights or wild environment.
Makes adventure and exploration easy: if you’re planning to go camping or hunting, a trail camera can be an incredible tool before you commence. It will help you study the everyday patterns of the animals, including the feeding habits and their major resting nests.
If you have the best cellular trail camera and [maybe] no other disturbance has occurred, these patterns can remain intact. Thus, providing you with important details of what to expect and in which locations.
Top-Rate Trail Cameras For A Tight Budget
For certain, $500 can be a lot of money for a gadget of non-profession use. For sure, you can go with it if your budget allows. If not, the following list comprises some of the best trail cameras in 2020 that you can get yourself from $40 – $100. They are amongst the best-ranked products on the market, with thousands of shoppers speaking highly of them.
1. GardePro A3 Trail Camera 20MP 1080P
No products found.
The new A3 is GardePro’s latest high-end trail camera. It has a very fast trigger speed and can take 20MP pictures at night, with a range of 100 feet. The H264 video quality is also excellent. It comes with 32GB memory card and a 16GB SD card. This is an excellent choice for those looking for a quality trail camera that won’t break the bank!
The GardePro A3 Trail Camera is the next generation of trail camera. It combines the best features and technology to create a performance driven trail camera that will exceed your expectations. The A3 is equipped with easy-to-use buttons, allowing you to quickly switch between photo, video and time lapse modes. You can also set up your own custom settings for each mode using the included software.
The high resolution 2.31” color screen allows for easy setup and playback on a larger display so you can see exactly what you are capturing. And don’t worry about battery life
- GardePro A3 produces crystal 1080p HD images and videos
- It has a wide field of vision and infrared night vision of up to 65ft
- Features excellent motion detection and a trigger speed of 0.1S
- Runs on batteries, which means you can install it anywhere
- Supports max 128GB standard SD card (NOT included).
- The trail camera is IP56 weatherproof, thus, it can work on rain, snow, and hail without a fail.
2. TIDEWE Trail Camera with 32MP 4K Hunting Camera
- 【Trigger Speed】The TideWe Trail Cameras are equipped with three passive infrared sensors, which...
- 【32MP Clear Image & 4K Video Resolution】TideWe trail cameras capture 32MP images and 4K videos,...
TideWe knows you’re out there, looking for the perfect hunting camera. You want something that’s going to offer all-encompassing vision and provide peace of mind when game is on the other side! Our 120° wide angle range will not disappoint – we’ve got your back in both setting up shop before a hunt as well as capturing what happens right after it begins with our high-quality lenses (8x digital zoom). IP66 waterproofing means this little guys can go anywhere; let ’em wet or be dusty–we don’t care because water doesn’t affect good video quality anyway thanks to 32GB SD card capacity coupled by USB cable included along 3 screws too boot!
【32MP CLEAR IMAGE & 4K VIDEO RESOLUTION】TideWe trail cameras capture 32MP images and 4K videos, providing a clear and exciting visual. It is equipped with 45 advanced infrared LEDs, which enable the camera to catch any moment even in the dark. 950nm upgraded infrared technology emits no light at night, while supporting incredible clear night vision photos. 【3D NO GLASS LENS】TideWe Trail Camera uses 3D NO GLASS Lens.
- TideWe Trail Cam captures vivid images of up 1080p HD
- It has an incredible night vision
- Runs on 8x 1.5v AA batteries. Hence, needs no electrical wiring
- Supports local storage [SD card] of up to 32GB
- Doesn’t support Bluetooth or remote access
- The system is IP66 waterproof to guarantee outdoor use without damage.
3. Vikeri 1080P 16MP Trail Camera
- Video Ultra High Resolution - Resolution deliver stunning vibrant images and clear audible videos...
- IP66 Waterproof & Heavy-Duty - Use high grade IP66 materials, extremely durable from seal to probe...
This is yet another superb trail cam that you can use to study the behavior of wildlife, as well as monitor your property. The system doesn’t have a high trigger speed like the above two models but still, it doesn’t miss even a running buck. It supports a burst mode that can take up 1 to 3 pictures.
The captured images are 1080p quality, meaning you can even zoom the objects farther away and see them clearly. In the case of darkness, the device has 48pcs 940nm Infrared lights that allow recording without disturbing the animals. The feature is even enhanced by the camouflage appearance that makes it hard to detect after blending with nature.
The game trail camera is a fast and accurate device that can capture the movement of any animal before they’re spotted, thanks in part to its lightning-fast trigger speed. With an 80 foot range at night or 65 feet during day time you’ll never miss out on those crucial moments when it matters most! The 120 degrees wide angle lens lets photographers get more than just their face while trying not be noticed by animals looking through these cameras too – perfect for wildlife enthusiasts everywhere who love getting up close & personal with nature’s creatures without scaring them away!
- Vikeri Trail Game Camera features a superior lens that supports a resolution of up to 1080p HD
- It has high-performance infrared LEDs that allow nighttime recording without detection
- Features a 2.4” LCD color screen to view the recordings directly on the camera
- Supports local storage of max 32GB.
- Has a sturdy, weatherproof casing that can withstand harsh sun, rain, and even snow
- The trail camera is battery powered. Hence, can work well in the jungle and farmhouse
4. WingHome 630 Trail Camera, Wildlife Camera
- 【 Leica M6 Camera Solution】WingHome trail cameras are powered by the advanced Leica M6 camera...
- 【Invisible Infrared for Night Vision】WingHome wildlife cameras are equipped with advanced 850 nm...
This is another stunning piece that you can get if you’re hoping to monitor the activities on your farmhouse or capture the beautiful moments of the wild. It has a powerful lens that captures crystal 1080p Full HD images and videos both day and night.
Designed for stealth surveillance, WingHome has 850nm IR LEDs that enable nighttime monitoring without disturbing the animals. With the invisible night vision, burglars also won’t know they’re leaving their footprints behinds. The device will record them and keep the footage in the SD card that you have inserted.
To record, the trail camera uses its advanced PIR motion detection that triggers at a lightning speed of 0.3S-0.4S. The motion detection function usually uses thermal imaging. Hence, you’ll only get important recordings of animals and people.
In case you would like to enjoy the moments while still in the wild, the WingHome trail cam has an attached 2.31” FTP screen. The colored FTP screen is protected from the harsh weather by the camouflaged, waterproof body.
In the event of an accidental fall, the solid casing will help prevent the screen and other camera parts from damage.
- WingHome Trail Camera comprises a superior 1080p image sensor and an attached 2.31” FTP screen
- It records crystal colorful images during the day and clear black & white in the darkness
- Features a super-fast trigger speed to capture every real-time moment
- Has a tough, solid body that is IP66 watterproof
- Runs on a pack of batteries hence can be mounted anywhere
- 1 year warranty and customer service
5. Meidase P40 Trail Camera (2021)
- Crystal Clear 24MP Image: The P40 camera takes advanced image sensor and firmware optimization to...
- Amazing 1296P HD Video: Featuring H.264 technology, the cam to produce more clearer 1296P HD video...
This is another piece from Meidase company that is going to present you with an incredible wildlife experience or super-tight home security. The trail cam has a powerful lens that captures brightly colored 24MP images and 1296P HD videos during the day.
The Meidase P40 trail camera is a game-changing device that offers you the best of both worlds. It has all the features and benefits of a traditional digital trail camera, but with an easy to use interface and convenient 2.4” color display for playback without having to download images or videos to your computer or phone. The intuitive menu design and easy-to-understand operation buttons allow you get started quickly in minutes. It operates on 8 AA batteries (not included) and up to 256GB memory card
- Meidase P40 Trail camera has a superior lens that can record up to 24MP images and 1296 videos
- It has 940nm invisible IR lights that allow recording without detection
- Features a fast 0.2s trigger speed
- Has a built-in 2.4” screen to playback images directly
- It’s battery-powered, which means it can mount anywhere
- The trail cam has a camouflaged design to allow blending with nature and avoid detection.
6. Meidase [ Upgraded] Trail Camera
- 1296p HD Video and 32MP Image: The P60 is equipped with a powerful video processor that produces...
- Popular H.264 MP4 Video Format: The P60 can create videos in .mp4 or .mov format, significantly...
Well, if you’re looking for the best trail cam under 100 and with super-super lighting trigger speed, this is the piece. The device has a 0.2S trigger speed, which it combines with the advanced PIR motion detection to ensure no event ever go unnoticed.
Using its superior image sensor, this trail cam can record images of up to 16MP and 1080p FHD video clips. It has 38pcs 940nm invisible IR LEDs that support the night vision of up to 65ft.
Convenient and remarkably reliable, the Meidase Trail Camera offers 3 recording modes. They include photo only, video only, and photo + video. Using whichever mode, the recordings store in a standard SD card that will be automatically rewriting the oldest data.
This means no current activity will ever go unrecorded but also you’ll have to be checking not to lose old important data.
Designed to be user-friendly, Meidase Trail Camera has a tv remote-like keypad and a built-in 2.4” color screen. Using the screen, you can easily playback the past recordings directly on the camera. Its body is IP66 waterproof approved, so you can install it in the open environment without any worries.
- Meidase [2019 Upgraded] Trail Cam has a fast 0.2s trigger speed and a detection range of up to 82ft
- It captures super-clear, colored images and videos
- Has invisible night vision of up to 65ft
- Features a 2.4” LCD color screen to playback images directly
- Runs on 8x AA batteries that can serve you for up to 6 months in standby mode
- Supports local storage [ SD card] of up to 32GB
- The trail camera is IP66 waterproof to allow use in rain and hail without any downfall.
7. Foxelli Full Hd Scouting Camera
- HIGH RESOLUTION PHOTO & VIDEO: Provides excellent 14MP, sharp and vibrant photos, as well as 1080P...
- UPGRADED NIGHT VISION: This hunting camera is motion activated with up to 65-ft detection range, and...
Although the trail camera has an almost similar performance with the rest on the list, its exterior appearance distinguishes it from them. It looks like an oak bark to make sure it records without detection by the trespassers. The feature is even enhanced by the 42 low glow IR LEDs that enable recording at night without disturbing the animals. Or else, without informing the intruders that someone is watching.
During the daytime, Foxelli Scouting Camera captures bright and crisp images with a resolution of up to 14MP. The videos [which come with sound] record in a resolution of up to 1080p full HD. This makes possible viewing of distant images without abruptly diminishing the quality.
Still, on the recording, the trail cam has a 120-degree wide lens to capture wider scenes. It has a highly-sensitive PIR sensor that triggers recording at a speed of 0.5s. This, for sure, is lower than some of the devices we’ve discussed but still it’s fast to not miss a thing.
The images and videos that the camera captures record in a MicroSD card, which supports up to 32GB. For safety reasons, the trail cam has a password protection feature that ensures you’re the only to view the images.
- Foxelli Full HD Scouting Camera produces crisp 14MP images and 1080p FHD videos
- It has a wide viewing angle to guarantee broader and sharp coverage
- Has up to 65ft motion detection and a fast 0.5-second trigger speed
- Supports a local microSD card of up to 32GB
- Runs on 4 or 8AA batteries. Hence, you can mount anywhere
- Features a sturdy waterproof casing to guarantee extended service
- The trail camera has invisible IR LEDs and an Oak bark looking body for maximum concealment
8. Stealth Cam G42NG No-Glow Trail Camera
- 32MP Resolution (32mp / 16mp / 8mp / 4mp)
- 1080P & 720P Video Resolutions
Whereas it’s the last on the list, Stealth Cam G42NG is a trail cam to love and enjoy having around. It’s very easy to set up and use, following its minimalistic design and the included how-to-use manual.
With up to 4 resolution settings, the trail camera can record images ranging from 2MP to 10MP. The captured video clips are 1080 HD quality and 5-180 seconds long. Also, the video recordings do come with audio to make viewing more interesting.
Just as its name, this trail camera offers stealthy monitoring without the detection by animals or burglars. It has 42 high-performance IR emitters that facilitate recording in the darkness with no glow. The LEDs supports a visibility range of up to 100ft. Hence, ultimately convenient.
At a trigger speed of 0.5s, the device can capture pictures of moving objects without the possibility of blurs. The Stealth Cam trail camera has a built-in SD card slot that supports a maximum capacity of up to 32GB.
As a password enabled system, it ensures your captured footage is securely safe even if it’s stolen or lost.
Similar to the rest, the stealthy trail cam is battery powered. Hence, you don’t have to worry about the complicated wiring like those in wired security cameras. It was also the best trail camera under 100.
Essentials To Consider While Choosing The Best Trail Camera Under 100
While you might come across others, these are the best trail cameras that you can use to serve your purpose at a tight budget. Even if these gadgets have incredible ratings and customer approval, nonetheless, there are some factors you ought to consider to enjoy optimal satisfaction.
These aspects help ensure you get to buy what exactly you need and avoid unnecessary disappointments. They include:
The higher the resolution of a camera, the sharper and clear are the images. Therefore, even if your budget is low, make sure the trail camera that you get can record crisp and clear images. A resolution of up to 1080p HD can be perfect and don’t forget a wider field of vision can also help cover a large scene.
One of the sweetest things about trail cams is that they operate on batteries. Thereby, allowing installation even in remote areas with no power lines. While choosing your system, though, consider the non-rechargeable batteries since they have a higher battery life than the rechargeable ones.
Luckily, all the trail cameras on our list function with 1.5v AA batteries, which has a standby mode of over 3 months.
A movement is what usually triggers a trail camera’s shutter. Trigger speed is the time between the movement and when the camera takes the photo. To make sure you never miss any important moment, you have to choose a trail cam that fires fast and if possible with a burst mode recording.
To monitor the wildlife or your property, you don’t need any possibility of disturbance or detection. As such, consider getting a trail cam that will offer stealthy surveillance in the jungle or on your farmhouse. Choose a device with a camouflaged body that can perfectly blend with nature and record at night with no glow.
Although none of the systems that we’ve discussed has it, using trail cameras that send pictures to your phone can be handy. In case the hunting location or your farmhouse is a bit far from your residence, it means your back and fro trips will be minimal. Also, accessing the recordings remotely will curtail the chances of barging into your preys’ nest and scaring them away.
For hunters and adventurers, trail cameras are one of the tools to make your experience full of fun and also safe. The systems will help you monitor the activity of the wild during the day and night without risking your life.
In case you have been looking for the best trail camera under 100, this article has discussed some of the very best in the market. All #8 come packed with numerous features that make your spying on the nature world easy and effective.
The included PIR motion detection captures the zebra and bucks or a potential intruder even before making a second step. Hence, making sure you have a lot of details about your quarry and a greater chance of success on your hunt.