As we have quoted in several other posts, security is one of the first steps to success. And when it comes to securing your properties, video surveillance technology now has the finest intelligence and abilities. As a model, the best security camera with two-way audio in 2021 can help stop a break-in even when you’re thousands of miles away
With features like motion detection and face recognition, on the other hand, it’s super easy to identify the intruders on your property.
What’s The Difference between One-Way and Two-Way Audio
- 0.1 What’s The Difference between One-Way and Two-Way Audio
- 0.2 Why Choose a Security Camera System with Two-Way Audio
- 1 Some Of The Best CCTV With Two-Way Audio Include:
- 1.1 Editor’s Choice: Littlelf Wireless Home Security Camera
- 1.2 Best Value: WyzeCam WYZECP1 Smart Home Camera
- 1.3 3. Ring Stick Up Solar HD Surveillance Camera
- 1.4 4. Blink XT2 Smart Surveillance Camera Kit
- 1.5 5. KAMTRON Wireless Security Camera
- 1.6 6. Arlo Pro 2 VMC4030P Rechargeable Security Camera
- 1.7 7. ZUMIMALL ZM-WFA3P Battery Powered Surveillance Camera
- 1.8 8. Arlo Q Plus Indoor HD Security Camera
- 1.9 9. Zmodo Wireless security Mini Cam Kit
- 1.10 10. Reolink Argus 2+ Outdoor Security Camera
- 2 Buying Guide: Essential Tips to Consider While Choosing a Security Camera with Two-Way Audio
- 3 Frequently Asked Questions
- 4 Conclusion
Usually, security camera systems come with two different types of audio functions. That is the one-way audio and the two-way audio feature.
For the one-directional audio, the system only has a built-in microphone to allow capturing of footage with sound.
With the two-way audio function, on the other hand, the particular CCTV has both mic and speaker. This means you get to receive recordings that you can view and listen to, amongst other benefits.
Why Choose a Security Camera System with Two-Way Audio
Both one-way and two-way audio functions are genuinely essential. When it comes to convenience, though, the latter has higher efficiency. Hence, the reason we have opted to focus on it in this post.
Here are #5 primary benefits that you get to enjoy while using a surveillance camera with two-way audio.
Record audio files: in other words, you won’t be just viewing the videos but also hear what those on the background are saying.
Connect with your loved ones: be it your kids, mother, or even your pooch, you can use the two-way audio feature to communicate with them.
Answer the door from anywhere: That’s right. You don’t have to miss the favorite part of your Show just to receive the parcel. With the built-in speaker and mic, you can guide your delivery guy on where to slip or leave the package for you.
Deter crime: This one can be very convenient as you can prevent a break-in while even hundreds of miles away. Just make sure no one else knows there isn’t anyone at home.
Enhanced detection: for security cameras with advanced audio analytics, you can receive alerts related to a break-in. Hence, giving you a chance to respond before the incidents occur.
Situational Awareness: This is where you use your security camera system with two-way audio to deliver awareness in the event of an emergency. You can have the advantage of communicating with the victims and, at the same time, provide situational intelligence to first responders.
From these pointers, you can now see why choosing the best security camera with two-way audio is essential. Of course, many users have lagged in adopting it but aspects, but it’s a critical component to have.
Some Of The Best CCTV With Two-Way Audio Include:
Editor’s Choice: Littlelf Wireless Home Security Camera
- [1080P Full HD]- 1080P High resolution produces clear and crisp images. Works with 2.4GHZ wifi...
- [Two-way Audio]-2 way audio support with built-in microphone and speaker allowing you to talk to...
As our today’s number one, this camera is amongst the best options to connect you with your family while at work or abroad. It is an IP camera that you can either link with 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi or to your router using an Ethernet cable.
As such, it has a simple set up that you can do all on your own in just a couple of minutes.
On top of the effortless setup, the wireless camera has a 2MP image sensor that delivers bright, colored, and sharp pictures. It has a PTZ lens system that features a 355° pan and a 110° tilt. Hence, it guarantees you full coverage of your room with no blind spot.
As a product of new making, the surveillance camera has an advanced motion sensor that triggers real-time alerts to your phone. The motion detection function even has the auto movement tracking that enables the camera lens to move alongside the object’s movements.
In case the alerts were from your kid trying to sneak out of the house, this camera has the two-way audio that you can use. The built-in speaker and mic even have an anti-noise filter to make sure your conversations are super-clear and seamless.
- It delivers crystal-clear 1080p images and videos
- Provides a full coverage without missing any details
- Has a superior night vision [up to 33ft]
- Supports a fluent two-way audio
- Features multiple storage options, i.e., local TF card [up to 128GB] and cloud [with 90 days free trial]
- It’s only best for indoor surveillance
What we like about it:
The wireless security camera has fluent two-way audio and smart motion detection that includes real-time alerts and innovative auto movement tracking.
Best Value: WyzeCam WYZECP1 Smart Home Camera
- Pan, tilt, and zoom (PTZ) lets you control Wyze Cam Pan remotely using the Wyze app so you can see...
- Live Stream from Anywhere in 1080p - 1080p Full HD live streaming lets you see inside your home from...
This is a piece for someone with a slim budget but who is searching for the best security camera with two way audio in 2021. It offers crisps 1080p Full HD pictures, with vivid details and clarity to enable easy and quick recognition. The device comes with the latest PTZ function that features a 360° pan-rotation and 93° vertical tilt.
To activate the panning or tilting, you can either control the function remotely using the free Wyze app. Or else, set the Pan Scan feature to patrol your room “automatically” using up to 4 predefined waypoints.
For optimal convenience, this security cam has both motion and sound detection function. In the event of activity, the two functions can trigger a push alert and record a 12-second video.
After recording, the file can save on the installed microSD card or the free 14-day cloud storage space. This means you can playback the past recordings anytime from anywhere using your mobile device or a computer.
- The Wi-Fi camera records sharp and vivid 1080p HD videos
- It has a smart PTZ feature that allows full coverage of your room
- Features a powerful infrared night vision, with up to 30ft in pitch darkness
- Has multiple storage options
- Supports a high-quality 2-way audio
- The camera can be voice-controlled with Google Assistant and Alexa devices
What we like about it:
As the best pick for the value, this Wi-Fi camera offers outstanding two-way audio, Alexa compatibility, and an automated patrol of your room.
3. Ring Stick Up Solar HD Surveillance Camera
- See, hear and speak to people from your phone, tablet or select Echo device with Stick Up Cam Solar,...
- With Live View, you can check in on your home any time through the Ring app.
Similarly, the security camera system is ultimately easy to set up and use. As a matter of fact, it’s simpler as it’s not just wireless but also wire-free. It runs on rechargeable batteries that can last for up to 6 months in areas with less traffic.
In case you want to monitor your home entrances or the driveways, you’ll never have to bother removing the battery pack. The surveillance camera comes with a solar panel that you can plug in and enjoy continuous recording in all seasons of the year.
For the image quality, the fitted 2MP image sensor picks fine footage, with vivid details to allow easy identification. The camera lens has a 130° viewing angle, which offers broader coverage with minimal blind spots.
Sadly, this Ring device doesn’t store the recordings locally. For you to be able to playback past recordings, therefore, you have to subscribe to the Ring Protect Plan. The cloud packages are available from as low as $3 per month, whereby you can playback up to 60-day old footage.
- It offers sharp and clear images of 1080p HD quality
- Comes with a 110° wide field of vision to cover larger scene
- Has adjustable motion detection and real-time notifications
- Features excellent two-way audio with noise cancellation
- Can connect with Alexa devices to allow hands-free home monitoring
- The security camera is totally wire-free. Hence, effortless and straightforward to set up.
What we like about it:
The security camera has a smooth two-way talk and Alexa compatibility to allow hands-free control. Also, it comes with a solar panel to enable continuous outdoor recording without any power challenges.
- Extended battery life – 2 year battery life on two AA lithium batteries with a combination of...
- 2-way audio – Talk to visitors through the Blink app on your smartphone or tablet.
Blink XT2 is a great alternative to a wire-free camera for those areas inaccessible to the hardwired power supply. It comprises of a camera unit and a sync module, with both featuring a simple design for portability and quick installation. As such, you can even pack in your traveling bag to help watch over your items in the hotel.
The wireless security camera has a superior 2MP sensor and a 110° field of vision. Hence, allowing you to monitor a large scene of your property with quality images that are rich in details. The best outdoor security camera with two way audio.
Right next to the lens, the camera has a passive infrared sensor that supports motion detection with minimal false alerts. The camera also has a built-in mic and speaker to help establish a two-way conversation and record footage with audio.
With Alexa’s Echo, you can even link this system to ensure easy control while cooking and other chores. Its cloud plan is also free. So, you can playback the events you might have missed from any location.
You may also interest: Blink XT2 vs Arlo Pro 2
- The security camera system is totally wire-free. Hence, quick and easy to install
- It delivers crystal-clear 1080p HD videos with audio
- Features a customizable motion detection with a smart sensor for minimal false alerts
- Includes a secure cloud storage with no monthly fees
- Has a sturdy, IP65 weatherproof casing to support outdoor use
What we like about it:
The security camera delivers footage rich in both image and audio quality. It also comes in a small, simple design that you can easily hide with nature for stealthy surveillance.
5. KAMTRON Wireless Security Camera
- Advantages: Helps you stay in touch with your home anytime, anywhere. With its quick mobile setup...
- Full HD 1080P Video: Stunning HD Video Quality 1080P Face to Face effect, High resolution live...
The IP camera is one of the bestselling video surveillance systems on the market, with 5,000 plus ratings on Amazon alone. Its high ranking comes from not just the modest design but the ability to keep parents connected to their kids.
It has a 2MP image sensor plus a built-in mic to allow the streaming of vivid images and super-clear audio. The camera even has an in-built speaker that you can use to talk to your kids, parents, or even pets.
In the case of darkness, the security camera has an outstanding night vision that can detect objects located up to 20ft away.
As an IP security camera, this system can function by either a Wi-Fi connection or through the wired network link. The surveillance unit even has a micro SD card slot that assures recording even when your internet is down.
- It features a superior lens with a 2MP sensor and panoramic view for full coverage
- Features an excellent two-way audio function
- Supports remote viewing from any location
- Has a smart motion detection that pushes real-time alerts with snapshots
- Supports both local storage [in an SD card] and cloud service
- The IP camera has a simple and quick mobile setup process.
What we lie about it:
Despite its reasonable pricing, this camera delivers crisp images and superb two-way audio. It also features the PTZ technology that enables you to control pan [up to 350°] and Tilt [up to 100°] remotely. Thereby capturing activities from all positions of your house or store.
6. Arlo Pro 2 VMC4030P Rechargeable Security Camera
- Works with Alexa for voice control (Alexa device sold separately)
- 100 percent wire free: Free of power cords and wiring hassles
Whether you’re hoping to monitor your store or home, this piece is fit for both indoor and outdoor. It features a simple design, yes, but its features are truly noteworthy security-wise.
Starting with the recordings, the surveillance cam has a 2MP image sensor that delivers crystal images and videos. Its lens has a 130-degree field of view to support broader coverage while maintaining the rich image quality.
With the advanced PIR motion sensor, this surveillance camera provides you with only the alerts from people, animals, and cars. Its motion and sound detection function even allows you to set activity zones where you wish to receive warnings. And also wireless security camera with microphone and speaker in this device.
In the event of a burglary, this camera has a smart siren that you can trigger remotely to scare away the thief.
- It delivers bright and clear footages both day and night
- Features a spectacular two-way audio function
- Supports multiple recording modes, including motion-activated, sound-activated, and continuous
- Integrates customizable motion and sound detection
- Can work with Google Assistant, Amazon Alexa, and Samsung SmartThings for hands-free control
- The camera is fully weather-resistant for outdoor use.
What we like about it:
On top of a 2-way talk, the security camera supports audio analytics that triggers real-time alerts and recording in the free cloud space. It even has a smart siren that you can trigger remotely to scare away the intruders before committing the crime.
7. ZUMIMALL ZM-WFA3P Battery Powered Surveillance Camera
- RECHARGEABLE & LONG STANDBY TIME: This rechargeable camera comes with a 6000mAh battery that lasts...
- EASY TO INSTALL & USE: This wire-free battery powered outdoor security camera takes less than 5...
This is yet another security camera that is 100% wire-free and with a fluent two-way talk. It runs with a rechargeable 6000mAh battery and transmits the captured footage via a Wi-Fi connection. Therefore, it won’t take more than 15 minutes to set up since no complicated cabling is required.
With a 2MP sensor, this surveillance camera lets you watch and record crisp HD videos, with vivid details and clarity. Its 130-degree viewing angle allows the covering of a large scene with fewer blind spots.
For the nighttime, the camera has an excellent night vision that can see objects located up to 32ft.
It also includes both the local storage [up to 128GB MicroSD card] and cloud space [paid plan]. Hence, you get to use which you feel comfortable with you. The best outdoor security camera with two way audio 2021.
You may also interest: Zumimall security camera reviews
- It is a versatile security camera that you can use indoors or outdoors
- Delivers crystal-clear images that have rich details and clarity
- Features a PIR sensor that detects motion through heat signatures from people, animals, and cars
- Has brilliant two-way audio that you can use directly with your iOS/ Android mic
- Features multiple storage options
- The wireless security camera is IP65 weather-resistant to allow outdoor use.
What we like about it:
The surveillance camera is 100% wire-free, plus it has a high resolution and superb two-way audio. It also features an enhanced PIR sensor that detects motion from objects that emits heat energy [including humans, animals, and cars].
8. Arlo Q Plus Indoor HD Security Camera
- Works with Alexa for voice control (Alexa device sold separately).
- 1080p HD resolution Live stream sharp HD resolution from anywhere using your smartphone, tablet, or...
This is also an incredible security camera that you can use as the third eye to watch over your home properties. It has a superior image sensor that records crystal-clear 1080p FHD videos that you can view from anywhere using your smartphone, tablet, or PC.
At a 130-degree viewing angle, this security camera allows you to have eyes on a large space of your house or garage. It also has several powerful infrared LEDs to guarantee optimal visibility even in the pitch dark backgrounds.
So easy and flexible to set up, this IP camera transmits footage by using either a wireless or wired network. It even has an inbuilt SD card slot that can serve as a backup to store footage in case of internet interruptions.
Just like other Arlo security cameras, the piece has a brilliant Cloud offer that allows recording for up to 7 days at no monthly subscriptions. As such, you can rewind past footage at any time from any location.
- Wireless security camera system with audio comes in a simple but stylish design to add a tasteful aesthetic
- It is effortless and straightforward to setup
- Delivers vivid images that you can zoom without reducing the details and clarity drastically
- Features a smart two-way audio and motion detection
- Pushes instant alerts when the sensors detect motion or noise
- The IP camera is for indoor use only.
What we like about it:
The camera is surely user friendly, with sharp, detailed images and a graceful security camera with two way audio. It has a flexible storage option that includes an SD card for local recording and a free 7-day plan for cloud recording.
9. Zmodo Wireless security Mini Cam Kit
- 【1080p Full HD】Non-stop 1080p HD live streaming provides a clear, sharp video inside your home...
- 【Full-Duplex Two-Way Audio】Use simultaneous two-way audio to interact with your children, pets,...
Similarly, this is an indoor video surveillance kit that you can use to monitor your kid or monitor your valuable assets. It has a 115° wide field of view and a 720p HD sensor to allow extended coverage with quality images. Of course, its images aren’t as sharp as those from 1080p HD models, but they are clear enough for short distances.
As a Wi-Fi security camera system with 2-way audio, this piece is pretty easy to set up and use. It has smart motion detection that you can set to send alerts from specific zones. This means you only get to receive alerts from your most important areas and with minimal false alerts.
Also, the surveillance cam has a built-in mic and speaker for enhanced security and better user experience. You can communicate with your pet, kids, or parents from wherever you are using the free Zmodo app.
- It delivers bright and clear images
- Has a wide-angle lens to allow broader coverage.
- Features a customizable motion detection
- Comes with a free 12-hour cloud recording for motion triggers
- Supports a smooth two-way talk
- The surveillance cam transmits the video via a Wi-Fi connection. Hence, very easy to setup
- Work with Alexa & Google Assistant: Works with Amazon Alexa/ Echo Spot/ Echo Show/ Google Assistant...
- No Wires Simple Installation - Reolink Argus 2+Solar Panel wireless battery security camera is...
This is the best security camera with two way audio that you can have on your farm, barn, or even the jungle cabin. It runs on a rechargeable battery and has a plug-in solar to assure continuous recording throughout all seasons.
The camera has a 2MP image sensor and a 130° field of vision to deliver crisp, detailed videos while covering a large scene. For the nighttime, the camera has the latest Starlight Sensor and six powerful infrared LEDs.
As such, you can get enhanced colored night images if the area has ambient lighting such as stars, moon, or spotlight.
The surveillance camera has a microSD card slot that supports up to 64GB of local recording. In the case of a suburban or an urban environment, this system can be connected to a Wi-Fi network to allow remote viewing. And also enable cloud recording to avoid the risk of losing important footage.
- It consists of a wire-free security camera that you can mount at any position
- Delivers crystal-clear images, rich in details for easy identification
- Has a brilliant night vision of up to 33ft
- Features flexible storage options
- Can work with Google Assistant devices to allows hands-free control
- Features the intelligent motion sensor for accurate detection and instant alerts
- The Wi-Fi camera has a smooth two-way talk for enhanced security and user experience
What we like about it:
This is a versatile security camera that you can use to monitor your home, business, or even hunting grounds. It features the latest Starlight technology to allow capturing of clearer and vivid footages at night.
Buying Guide: Essential Tips to Consider While Choosing a Security Camera with Two-Way Audio
These #10 are amongst the thousands of systems in the video surveillance market. They, however, are the top selection that comes with two-way audio to enhance security and offer a better user experience.
Before commencing to purchase any of the security cameras with two-way audio, though, there are several aspects you have to consider. This is to help ensure you get what fits your security needs and avoid unnecessary disappointments.
These essentials include:
Discern Your Needs and Budget
The first step that you should always consider while buying any surveillance camera is your security solutions needs. When you know the reason, you can determine the type of features to focus on in your endeavor. Then, conclude the budget range you’re hoping to spend.
Video surveillance systems often come packed with varying features and in different price tags. From the above reviews, we have highlighted both low and high budget systems. So, there is no single reason you should keep your home or store without one.
Check On the Audio Surveillance Regulations
Well, this is a very crucial aspect when it comes to using a video surveillance system with audio. Otherwise, you might find your provided evidence used against you instead of fighting for you.
Usually, the audio surveillance laws vary from one state to another. They tend to be stricter than the regulations of video monitoring. Hence, the reason many creators develop cameras without audio.
The majority of U.S. states prohibit CCTV audio monitoring without the consent of the parties involved. According to the privacy laws, you need to have permission from at least one party involved in the conversation.
If you are in a state like California, Hawaii, Maryland, Nevada, or Washington, though, things are different there. The privacy laws of the region require you to obtain consent from all parties in the conversation to record sound with your security cameras legally.
However, these regulations may be overlooked if you are using the device for home security reasons.
Just like motion detection or night vision, the audio function has its ideal range. It often varies across different brands and the kind of tech that is in use. So, don’t shy asking your security provider how far your prospective video camera can capture sounds.
An audio range of about 20ft is not the best, but it can serve the purpose well.
CCTV Noise Cancellation
This is another technology that is very crucial in a security camera with two-way audio. It functions using the integrated anti-noise filter, which helps create a destructive interference to reduce the volume of the perceivable background noise.
In other words, it’s a method to ensure you get to enjoy a high-fidelity audio experience without the unwanted ambient sounds.
NB: this is an Active Noise Control [ANC] method and should not be confused with the Digital Noise Reduction [DNC] technology. The two are applications you’ll find in the CCTV catalog, but they are solutions for different issues.
In the field of video surveillance, these two words represent the audio functions that have been integrated into the system to enhance performance. Even when sound recording is prohibited, the technology is truly vital as it can help deter crime.
It is often in the form of audio detection, whereby the respective camera can recognize certain sounds. Some of these sounds include broken glass, human screams, baby crying, car alarm, and or gunshots.
In either case, the detected sound can trigger a corresponding alert or recording.
Luckily, this is a common feature in [almost] all security cameras that are in the market today. It allows one to keep in touch with his loved ones and valuable assets while even thousands of miles away
You may interest: wireless security camera system with remote viewing
When it comes to the subject in question, Audio analytics and remote access are a great couple in effecting your property safety. They provide you with real-time alerts, hence, giving you time to respond swiftly and on time before the crime happens.
Don’t Forget About Storage
Without an internet connection, it’s impossible to receive instant security alerts or access your surveillance camera remotely. Even with the internet, it’s usually pointless for the camera to trigger a burglary alert without keeping evidence of the culprits.
So, while choosing your security camera with two-way audio, remember to look for the media storage capabilities.
Although either of them can still work, a system with both local and cloud storage is usually a better option. It means you’ll never lack past recordings since you have a local and online backup.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a two-way audio IP camera?
An IP camera is a type of digital video surveillance camera that transmits its captured recordings via the internet. Therefore, a two-way audio IP camera allows you to enjoy video footage and audio features, with internet acting as its delivery channel.
Does Arlo have two-way audio?
Yes, it does but not in all of its product lines. The original Arlo VMC3030-100NAS, for example, doesn’t have any audio function. But the Arlo Pro 2 and Arlo Q Plus comes with a built-in mic and speaker to support the two-way talk.
Which WIFI security camera is best?
That depends on several things: Your security demands, budget, and where you want to monitor. If you have a significant budget, for example, the best security camera for your driveway is one with high resolution, wide field of vision, and automated PTZ.
How can you tell if a camera has audio?
Usually, it’s often tricky to tell if a CCTV has audio since the housing mostly covers the mic and speaker. So the best way to know if the function is available is by asking the provider.
Otherwise, you can also check the product tech specs to see if there is an audio recording. If not that, you can have a closer look at the camera to see if there’s the tiny [microphone] hole or speaker perforations.
How do I connect my IP camera to my speakers?
That’s very simple. All you need to have is a speaker interface and an IP camera that has an audio out connectors. Once ready, you’ll now connect the audio out from the cam to the speaker interface [amplifier]. Then connect the amplifier output to your speakers.
Today’s video surveillance cameras are powerful tools that every home or business shouldn’t lack. With the exceptional image quality and application of analytics, every owner has an added advantage in the security solutions and emergency response.
For those with the best security camera with two way audio and sound detection, for instance, chances of a burglary succeeding are very minimal. This is so as the audio detection triggers real-time alerts and snapshots. Thus, giving you time to stop the burglars even before they commit the crime.
Due to the vast product lines and brands in the market, nonetheless, it’s not easy to choose the right CCTV with audio. The wide array of designs and features can foul-play your eyes, and you end up buying what you never needed.
Through extensive search and research, we have compiled #10 top-rate products that you can choose for your property. All come from the leading providers of security solutions, who also have a large customer base. Hence, you enjoy not only high-quality images and audio but also unwavering professional support.