Our home is the extension of ourselves. The comfort and safety of any place we call home are important. Sadly, we cannot always be around our house 24/7 even if we want to. So we need to outsource this task to a trustable tool, such as the best security camera for outdoor.
With so many options available in the market, we are faced with one ultimate question: how do we choose the best? The best outdoor security camera 2020 should be easy to install or at least provides a clear guide for non-technicians. Image quality is a must. No more blurry black and white night vision, 2020 should be about modern technology. On top of all, remote monitoring is a feature you wouldn’t want to miss.
Our Top 6 Picks at a Glance
- 0.1 Our Top 6 Picks at a Glance
- 0.2 1. Arlo Ultra 4K UHD Indoor/Outdoor WiFi Security Camera With Alexa
- 0.3 2. Blink XT2 Indoor/Outdoor Smart Security Camera With Cloud Storage and 2 Way Audio
- 0.4 Wireless
- 0.5 3. Amcrest ProHD Bullet IP Wireless Outdoor Security Camera
- 0.6 4. Google Nest Cam Outdoor Security Camera With Night Vision
- 0.7 5. Reolink Outdoor Wireless Rechargeable Battery Security Camera
- 0.8 6. ZUMIMALL A3P- Wireless Rechargeable Battery Powered Home Security Camera
- 0.9 7. YI Outdoor Security Camera, 1080p Cloud Cam IP Waterproof Night Vision
- 0.10 8. ZOSI 1080p Security Camera System With DVR
- 0.11 9. Zmodo Wireless Security Camera with WiFi, IP And Night Vision
- 0.12 10. Annke 8 Channel Security Camera System
- 0.13 11. Cromorc All in One Wireless Security System
- 0.14 12. Ring Floodlight Motion-Activated HD Security Camera With 2 Way Audio
- 0.15 13. Arlo Pro Home Security Camera System With Rechargeable
- 0.16 14. Wansview Outdoor 1080p Wireless Waterproof Security Camera
- 0.17 15. Night Owl Add-on Indoor Wireless 1080p AC Powered Camera
- 0.18 16. Lorex 4k Wireless Security Camera System
- 1 Benefits Of Using Security Camera For Outdoor
- 1.1 Advanced Security System
- 1.2 Real-time Alert
- 1.3 Remote protective measures
- 1.4 Easier to proceed with criminal reports
- 1.5 Reducing criminal activities
- 1.6 Insurance premium discount
- 1.7 Peace of mind
- 1.8 Buying Guide: What to consider for buying Best Security Camera for Outdoor in 2020
- 1.9 Internet connection
- 1.10 Setup and wiring
- 1.11 View range and angle
- 1.12 Material quality
- 2 FAQ
- 2.1 What is the best wireless security camera outdoor?
- 2.2 Which is a better wired or wireless security camera?
- 2.3 Can any security camera work with any DVR?
- 2.4 What is better NVR or DVR?
- 2.5 What should I look for when buying outdoor security cameras?
- 2.6 Can I use indoor cameras for outdoor?
- 2.7 Do companies have access to my recorded videos?
- 3 Conclusion
|Arlo Ultra - 4K UHD Wire-Free Security 1 Camera System |...||1,065 Reviews||$389.91||Buy on Amazon|
|Google Nest Cam - Outdoor Security Camera, Night Vision...||4,883 Reviews||$199.00 $133.49||Buy on Amazon|
|Blink XT2 Outdoor/Indoor Smart Security Camera with cloud storage...||17,957 Reviews||$99.99||Buy on Amazon|
|Amcrest 2K 3MP Wireless Outdoor Security Camera ProHD 1080P /...||2,174 Reviews||$58.89||Buy on Amazon|
|Reolink Outdoor Security Camera Wireless Rechargeable Battery...||1,471 Reviews||$114.99||Buy on Amazon|
|Wireless Rechargeable Battery Powered WiFi Camera, Home Security...||3,843 Reviews||$79.99||Buy on Amazon|
Some of these cameras are probably way ahead of your budget range. But, aren’t you willing to sacrifice for your own house safety? It is not just your belongings that these cameras protect. You and your family’s safety are also at stake. A few extra bucks mean nothing compared to the risks you’re saying goodbye to. Now that we’re set on the importance of and what to expect from the best security camera for outdoor, let’s take a look at your options.
1. Arlo Ultra 4K UHD Indoor/Outdoor WiFi Security Camera With Alexa
- UHD Video Quality - Zoom in to see sharp details with Arlo Ultra’s 4K & HDR advanced image quality...
- 180 Degree diagonal field of view - see more with a wider angle lens that has auto image correction...
- Enhanced night vision - see what’s lurking with color night vision allowing you to see video in...
Arlo has proven itself as one of the leading brands in the security camera industry. Arlo Ultra is a 4K wireless security camera that produces high-quality images. No more blurry recordings filled with noises! We highlighted some of the best features of Arlo Ultra which ensure us this could be your best security camera for outdoor.
Ultra 4K Image and UHD Video Quality
Let’s start with Arlo’s main feature on this product. Arlo Ultra offers Ultra 4K images, hence the name “ultra”. Each frame comes in advanced image quality, 4K for still images and UHD for videos. With this feature, you can zoom in to get a closer look at the car’s license plate passing your driveway. Every image is sharp and detailed even after zooming in. Higher Definition Resolution (HDR) option is also available with an additional add-on.
High Powered Infrared LEDs
Instead of black and white images, Arlo Ultra gives you enhanced night vision with color. The camera’s infrared LED lights are equipped with IR cut filter, resulting in clear and colorful images even at night. No more squinting eyes trying to look at what’s lurking around your house!
To help protect your house from intruders, Arlo Ultra comes with an integrated spotlight feature. Any unwelcomed guest will trigger the motion sensor and startled them with bright light. Once turned on, it also helps you record the unexpected events better.
With this feature, the Arlo Ultra security camera has reduced blind spots. You get to see wider images, thanks to its wider angle camera. This comes with auto image correction to reduce the fisheye effects.
Arlo Smart Service
With a paid subscription, you can use all features on Arlo Smart Service, including receiving instant alerts whenever the motion and audio sensor is triggered. Through this service, you can view and share your recordings easily. Set daily schedules to turn the camera on and off according to your preferences. Not enough? Get yourself a cloud recording service with Arlo Smart Premier (with a 1-year paid subscription). Here is the comparison between Arlo Pro 2 vs Arlo Ultra.
- Provides high-quality recording and 4K images
- Color night vision instead of the ancient black and white
- Talk and listen with two-way clear audio
- Automated spotlight to ward off intruders
- Comes with a sensor to detect motion and sound
- 180o view without the annoying fisheye effects
- Arlo Smart Service offers user-friendly features
- The high-quality recording is only available with a paid subscription
- Arlo Smart Service is only available in selected countries
- Extended battery life – 2 year battery life on two AA lithium batteries with a combination of...
- 2-way audio – Talk to visitors through the Blink app on your smartphone or tablet.
- Customizable motion detection – Use activity zones to choose where motion is detected so you...
Blink XT2 is one of the latest inventions from the manufacturer which promises easy setup and long battery life. Designed as the best outdoor security camera 2020, Blink XT2 is user-friendly. All of its main features are available for any customers even without any subscription. Let’s take a closer look into these features:
If you’re tired of complicated setup, Blink XT2 could be your best security camera for outdoor. With three easy steps, this camera will be ready to use. First, create an account on the Blink mobile app. Then plug in the router to add the sync module and connect to Wi-Fi. The single-antenna Wi-Fi offers private networks on 2.4GHz 802.11 g/n. Finally, install batteries in your camera and mount it wherever you want. Just like that, your camera is ready to use.
1080p HD video quality
Both day and night, Blink XT2 is ready to protect you from intruders. The 1080p HD video recording quality also applies to the camera’s infrared night vision. It also comes with a 110o viewing angle for better monitoring at up to 30 fps.
Custom detection sensor
Blink XT2 allows you to set the motion detection sensor to a certain area. Instead of being triggered by any motion, this security camera selects certain areas. With this, you will be alerted only by things that matter.
Two-way remote audio
Communicate with whomever at the other end through the two-way audio feature. Even if you’re not home, you still can talk to the person on your smartphone. This feature is available with the Blink app.
Battery life up to 2 years
The two AA lithium batteries included offering an extended battery life. No need to worry about charging as both batteries will last up to two years. This calculation is based on over five thousand seconds of video length. Please keep in mind that the use of the two-way audio will reduce battery life. Know more at blink xt2 outdoor/indoor smart security camera review.
- Wireless, easy setup through three simple steps
- 1080p HD video quality on both day and night recordings at up to 30 fps
- Remote audio let you communicate even when you’re not home
- Durable and waterproof material
- 2 years of battery life
- Free cloud storage without any subscription
- Only works with iOS 10.3, Android 5.0, and Fire OS 5.1 and above
- The battery is not rechargeable
3. Amcrest ProHD Bullet IP Wireless Outdoor Security Camera
- 1. HIGH PERFORMANCE, ULTRA-HD – Experience magnificent 2K (3-Megapixel / 2304x1296) video with...
- 2. SMARTER SECURITY – Receive motion alert notifications and review footage via your smartphone...
- 3. DAY OR NIGHT, RAIN OR SHINE – Built to whether any storm and the darkest of nights, this...
While easy installment, even for the best security camera for outdoor, usually equals to being prone to damages, this one offers more durability. This is the result of its heavy-duty and waterproof materials. What else does Amcrest bring to the table? Scroll down to find out!
3-megapixel Image Quality
Amcrest Outdoor Bullet Camera features a Sony image sensor to create crisp images. Each comes in 1296p, 2K, and 3 megapixel quality at 20 fps. Say goodbye to straining your eyes just to monitor your driveway or your backyard as the camera stream good image quality right down to the details.
Remote viewing on PC and mobile devices
Monitor your house anywhere at any time with Amcrest software on your PC or smartphone. You only have to connect your device and the camera to the internet. The web interface works on most browsers.
Save your recordings on a microSD attached to the camera. Or link it to your Amcrest NVR. Please note that the NVR is not included, so you have to purchase it separately. However, even without the NVR, you can still store your files in the Amcrest Cloud service. Up to 4 hours of video length is available for free. Now you can manage all of your files however you want.
Cutting-edge night vision
Besides the high-resolution image quality, the ProHD camera allows you to see up to 98 feet away. This is made possible by Amcrest’s 30 infrared LED lights. These are capable of lighting up your entire backyard at night. And even in total darkness, you will receive clear images. Please check the comparison between Lorex vs Amcrest.
- Quick setup through QR code scan and mobile app
- 3 megapixel HD image quality
- Store your recordings in three available ways” Amcrest NVR, microSD card, and Amcrest cloud
- Free cloud storage for up to 4 hours
- Remote viewing on PC and mobile devices
- Heavy-duty metal materials
- Up to 98 feet night vision technology
- Motion alert and automatic recording
- Setting up the software can be confusing for some as the user guide is not very descriptive
- The wide-view angle produces fisheye effects
4. Google Nest Cam Outdoor Security Camera With Night Vision
- Mounting Type: Surface Mount
Google is taking the best outdoor security camera 2020 industry with Nest Cam. Unlike most security cameras, even those on our list of best security cameras for outdoor, Nest Cam is small and sleek. But feature-wise, this cam is a beast. Here are some of the key features Google Nest Cam has to offer:
1080p HD video quality
Both day and night, Nest Cam produces up to 1080p HD quality video at 30 fps with the H.264 encoding system. With a 3-megapixel sensor, the 1/3 inch camera works well with any light. The camera also comes with an 8x digital zoom feature which enables you to lose closer.
130o diagonal view
See more of your backyard or driveway with the camera’s 130-degree view feature. With this, there’s only so little blind spot for the intruders to sneak around.
Modern features on the mobile app
Install Nest Aware to enjoy all the features it comes with, including remote monitoring and video storage. Through this app, you can see what’s going on at your house. You can also install more than one camera and monitor each from the comfort of your hand as long as you’re connected to Wi-Fi. Please note that some features are only available with a subscription plan.
Hassle-free and easy to install
Google Nest Cam is easy to install. You only need to place the magnetic mount and face the camera to your preferred angle. Once set, just plug the camera’s AC adapters and it’s ready to use. As long as its AC adapters connected, this camera will stand by. No more worries about replacing the battery!
- Super small with a sleek and slim design, unlike most outdoor security cameras
- Connects to the power adapter with no battery
- Motion detection sensor sends automatic alerts to your phone
- Talkback through Nest app even when you’re not home
- 130o view videos
- 1080p HD quality recording for 24/7
- Easy install with the magnetic mount
- Works with Alexa (Alexa device is not included)
- Some features are only available through Nest Aware subscription plan
- No zone alerts, you might receive unimportant notifications you don’t need
- Work with Alexa & Google Assistant (Alexa device sold separately): Works with Amazon Alexa/ Echo...
- No Wires Simple Installation - Reolink Argus 2+Solar Panel wireless battery security camera is...
- Vivid 1080p HD and Stunning Night Vision - This wireless detachable battery powered security outdoor...
With no power outlet required, the Reolink Camera is easy to install. If you live in a sunny area, you can benefit from the solar charging feature. No more worrying about battery life for a long time. One full charge can last up to 180 days. We personally love the sleek design. These are just the tip of the iceberg. Let’s dig a little deeper!
6 infrared LEDs
Say goodbye to black and white images with the camera’s infrared LEDs. You can choose the color night vision mode and see clear recording up to 33 feet away. Each image is produced at 1080p quality, both day and night.
Solar Panel wireless battery
We have mentioned it before and we’ll mention it again. This feature is a great solution to the endless argument between wired and wireless cameras. That’s the reason why we pick this particular Reolink camera on our list of best security camera for outdoor. With solar panel battery, you don’t have to worry about charging while still benefit from the simple wire-free installation. It will only take a few minutes!
Motion detection sensor
While the camera covers 130o of viewing angle, the sensor only detects anything moving within its 120o angle. This way, you won’t get false intruder notification when it turns out to be just bugs flying around.
While most security cameras offer great features only with a paid subscription, Reolink is giving them away for free with every purchase. Use the Reolink software on your phone for free. And access the cloud storage online whenever you need to. See more at Reolink security camera system review.
- 1080p image quality both day and night
- 6 infrared LED lights can reach up to 33 feet
- 130o view angle with 120o motion detector
- Equipped with solar panel kit
- Waterproof material
- Remote access via Reolink software (free)
- No subscription fee
- Long battery life: one charge can last up to 180 days
- All in all, one of our top picks for a best outdoor security camera system with NVR
- The free cloud storage only save clips instead of the entire events
- The motion detector starts recording a few seconds too late
6. ZUMIMALL A3P- Wireless Rechargeable Battery Powered Home Security Camera
- RECHARGEABLE & LONG STANDBY TIME: This rechargeable camera comes with a 6000mAh battery that lasts...
- EASY TO INSTALL & USE: This wire-free battery powered outdoor security camera takes less than 5...
- WIRELESS & CORDLESS: When we say our indoor/outdoor surveillance camera is totally wireless, we mean...
We made our verdict to conclude ZUMIMALL A3P in our list of best security camera for outdoor from the very first glance. This camera claims to be completely wire-free and it is as advertised. While most wireless camera still requires a power plug or some sorts, ZUMIMALL A3P is cordless. Sure, this alone is not enough to convince you. So, let’s take a look at its key features.
The cordless feature also results in a super easy installation. You will need not more than 10 minutes to set up. Just install the iron ball wall mount with the double-sided adhesive, and you’re all set. If you want a more secure option, ZUMIMALL A3P also comes with a metal mount. Screw sets are included in every purchase.
Rechargeable 6000mAh battery
To make it completely wireless, ZUMIMALL adds one rechargeable battery. Just with one full charge, this 6000mAh battery can last up to 5 months, depending on how long and often you record daily. Please note that you need to fully charge the battery before using it for the first time.
ZUMIMALL A3P is designed to withstand the elements, even during extreme weather conditions. This is made possible by its durable material, IP65. Not just waterproof, this camera is weatherproof certified.
Remote recording and communicating
Install the free mobile app, and you get to record the 1080p HD videos this camera streams at all times. Its two-way audio is compatible with iPhone and Android microphone, making it easy to communicate with whoever on the other side of the camera. See more at Zumimall security camera reviews.
- 1080p HD image quality for clear and crisp recording
- 130o view angle
- PIR motion detector that works well both day and night
- Cordless, free of wire whatsoever
- Comes with a 6000mAh battery, one charge can last up to 5 months
- Super easy installation requiring no tools
- IP65 waterproof and weatherproof certified
- Two-way talk feature that works on your iPhone or Android microphone
- Offers both SD card and paid cloud storage
- The motion detector is not the best
- The camera’s app needs to access your accounts (Facebook or Gmail), may cause security issues
7. YI Outdoor Security Camera, 1080p Cloud Cam IP Waterproof Night Vision
- Optional 24/7 Emergency Response Service - YI’s motion alerts and live video feeds are now...
- Full HD video quality - high resolution Images in 1080P resolution, combined with a 110° lens and...
- Weather-resistant - outdoor cameras are waterproof, so you can use them for outdoor and indoor....
From its amazing features, you can tell that YI is going all out with this Outdoor Camera. It provides the basic features a security camera has, but on a new level. This is why we need to include YI on our best security camera for outdoor list. We take a closer look at each feature below.
1080p video quality on 110o view angle
Enjoy clear images in 1080p quality with YI Outdoor Camera. You’re able to view 110o angle. If it’s not enough, you can also move the camera easily. This was made possible with the universal ball mount.
Excellent night vision
YI Outdoor Camera is equipped with 12 infrared LED beads. These allow you to see clearly for up to 50 feet. Even in low light, you will not miss a thing.
Two-way 360o Microphone
Never miss a single noise with its 360o microphone. It’s hypersensitive and provides clear sound quality. You can communicate with whoever on the other side of the camera from wherever you are. This also allows you to ward off intruders.
24/7 Emergency Response Service
As you receive a notification on your phone, you can follow up with this special feature. Every alert comes with an option to send help. And in no time, you’ll be connected to police, fire, or EMS dispatch. This is made possible with the Noonlight’s Certified Dispatchers. This way, you’re not only able to monitor, but also take follow up measures necessary.
- 1080p image quality at 20 fps
- 12 infrared lights for clear night vision images
- Up to 50 feet of view range
- Two-way audio with 360o noise-canceling microphone
- 24/7 emergency response service
- Remote monitoring through YI Home app
- Free 1-month YI cloud storage on every purchase
- YI Home app can be buggy after updates
- The installation cable is relatively short, you may need extra wiring or adjust the placement
8. ZOSI 1080p Security Camera System With DVR
- 【H. 265+ 8Ch Full 1080P HD-TVI DVR/4pcs 1080P 2 0MP weatherproof camera】-- get a sharp and crisp...
- 【Expandable camera system】-this is 8Channel Full 1080P 4-in-1 DVR which supports analog HD-TVI...
- 【Built in 1TB Seagate Skyhawk Security Grade Hard Drive】-- Support ultra-long continuous...
Why go for one camera when you can have more? This best security camera for outdoor offers up to 8 channels you can use. Both day and night, you will receive clear images from all cameras. It’s also one of our picks for the best outdoor wireless security camera system with DVR. Want to see what else ZOSI Surveillance System offers?
720p and 1080p video quality
Choose the video quality best suits your need. For small indoor areas, 720p would be enough. For outdoors, go all out 1080p for better quality images.
Built-in 1TB Seagate hard drive
The latter video quality option does take up more space in your storage. However, you don’t need to worry about storage capacity at all. Each surveillance system comes with a built-in 1TB hard drive of Seagate. It’s arguably the leading company in the external storage industry. Also, ZOSI equipped this one with an H.265 compression system.
With or without an internet connection
Connected to DVR, ZOSI Surveillance System works without any internet connection. This is a great alternative to modern cameras that are dependent on the internet. Without the internet, ZOSI cameras still transmit and store files into DVR. This way, you can watch the videos live or access the recording later on. On the other hand, an internet connection is needed to view the videos remotely through the mobile app. While most cameras only work with certain Wi-Fi, this one is also compatible with 2G/3G/4G connections.
Optional Recording Mode
Decide how you want to use the surveillance camera with its four recording options. Record continuously to let the DVR records nonstop. With a schedule record, you can choose which time slot in a week you want the camera to start and stop recording. The recycle record allows the DVR to overwrite old videos in the hard drive. Last but not least is the motion detection record. With this, your camera should only record when motion is detected.
- Compatible with 4 extra 720p or 1080p cameras
- Clear night vision with infrared-cut filter
- View up to 65 feet away
- Built-in 1TB Seagate hard drive
- Every purchase comes with a DVR
- Remote viewing through ZOSI smart app
- Compatible with Wi-Fi or 2G/3G/4G
- Still works without internet
- H.265 compression technology lets you save more space
- Runs on 12V 2A power supply
- The motion detector doesn’t work well
- The customer support is Chinese based only, the language barrier can be an issue
9. Zmodo Wireless Security Camera with WiFi, IP And Night Vision
- 1080P Full HD non-stop monitoring - Get a crystal clear full-HD picture of your home, from anywhere...
- Weather-resistant for outdoor - This outdoor security camera is weatherproof with a supported...
- Works with Alexa - Zmodo 1080P outdoor Wi-Fi camera works with Alexa. Control Zmodo camera with your...
Zmodo first launched in 2009. Now, it has gained a reputation in the security camera market. As a global company, Zmodo promotes innovation at affordable prices. Zmodo Wireless doesn’t require any cord to connect the camera to your mobile and the internet. We pick this product in our list of the best security camera for outdoor because of its features. Let’s take a look!
Zmodo wireless is a fully weatherproof camera with the IP65 rating. So it’s not only great indoor but also outdoor. The camera will keep recording during both rainy and sunny days, within the temperature range of 14-122 Degrees Fahrenheit.
Free One-month Cloud Service
Zmodo gives a 1-month free basic plan cloud service with every purchase. This will help you store your video clips. For add-on recording, you can use extra Funlux NVR and hard drive (sold separately). A paid subscription is also available for extra features. You can review, customize, save, and share all details in just a few seconds whenever you want.
It works with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant (devices sold separately). This feature provides a simple way to access your device using only your voice. You can also live stream view from your camera from anywhere.
This feature allows you to set motion detection areas, such as windows and doors. You’ll get notifications on your phone when motion is detected. The notification sent to your phone is in pictures and video clips. So you’ll know in a few minutes when something happens at your property.
Adjustable Night Vision
With this feature, you can see up to 98ft (30m) at night. The adjustable night vision features IR sensitivity. You can lower it to black and white night vision. And you’re still able to see the color image clearly, even in a dim environment around your property.
Zmodo offers four channels viewing at a time from your iOS, Android, or PC website. So you can have four cameras at four different places which can operate together. The multiple channel viewing gives you non-stop monitoring. You can also remotely view from any other places. For a non-stop running camera, you will need power adapters.
- 1080p quality video
- IR sensitivity night vision up to 98 feet
- Provides up to four live streams from multiple cameras
- Compatible with Funlux NVR (sold separately)
- Selective areas for motion sensor
- Compatible with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant
- IP65 materials, weatherproof
- The power cord is relatively short
- Motion detection doesn’t always work well
10. Annke 8 Channel Security Camera System
- 【8pcs 1080P HD Weatherproof Cameras】Enjoy crystal clear image(1920x 1080) both during the day...
- 【H 264+ Video Compression with 1TB Hard Drive】The Unique H 264+ improves compression and...
- 【Reliable Remote Access】With the free ANNKE VISION APP users can Live View & Playback on Smart...
Established in 2014 by Jet Li, ANNKE was debuted with outstanding 480 TVL security camera systems. If you’re looking for the best security camera for outdoor, ANNKE can be your choice. It’s a high-quality wireless security camera and user-friendly. Some excellent features are included in the camera, as you can see below.
Sony & OmniVision Sensors
ANNKE equips all of its security cameras with Sony’s and OmniVision’s imaging sensors. These sensors will ensure the camera delivers the sharpest and clearest pictures. With 12 infrared LEDs, the camera offers a clear night vision up to 100ft (30m).
For your peace of mind, you can rely on ANNKE security cameras. Customize the motion detector as you please. The camera will detect any movement, and you’ll receive alerts in just a few minutes after the incident occurs. PIR technology helps minimize false alerts.
Full HD Video
With 1080p video quality, it provides crisp and clean video footage. All files will be compressed by its advanced H.264 technology. This way, you save memory space while storing many files.
In addition to the compression, this camera is equipped with up to 126GB of local storage. You don’t need to buy an extra HDD to save important videos.
Every purchase comes with 8 cameras. For your convenience, the system is supported by multiple accesses via IOS or Android mobile devices. You can also access it on any kind of web browsers, such as Firefox and Google Chrome. This allows you to monitor your home from anywhere and anytime.
Great for indoor and outdoor use, the camera is built with IP66 weatherproof housing. You can depend on its performances all day as it’s able to withstand bad weather. See more at ANNKE 8 channel security camera system reviews.
- 1080p video quality compressed with H.264 technology
- Sony’s and OmniVision’s imaging sensors for super clear images
- Every purchase comes with 8 cameras
- 12 infrared LEDs light up to 100 feet away
- With 128GB local storage
- Selected motion sensor with PIR technology
- Setting up the camera can be challenging for some
- Technical supports are based in Hong Kong only
11. Cromorc All in One Wireless Security System
- 【EASY-TO-INSTALL WIRELESS SYSTEM】Cromorc 1080P NVR integrated with 10.1" LCD Monitor pairs...
- 【HIGH DEFINITION WEATHERPROOF SECURITY CAMERAS】Cromorc wireless HD security cameras offer...
- 【SECURE AND STABLE LONG RANGE WIRELESS SIGNALS】Use up to eight HD wireless security cameras on...
Next up on our list of the best security camera for outdoor is Cromorc. Its security system works for both homes and businesses. It offers an easy and flexible wireless system installation. Let’s take a look at the features attached to the system.
Multiple Alarm Methods
The camera comes with a motion detection sensor. Its sensitivity, time, and area can be customized to minimize false alerts. And when the alarm is triggered, it will send you notifications through different methods. These include APP Alarm with text, NVR buzzer, and email notice with a snapshot.
If you don’t want to miss any moments, this feature will make you happy. The camera is supported by flexible and intelligent recording options. These include a motion detector, time scheduling, and continuous recording. The camera comes with 1TB HDD, which will overwrite automatically when it’s full.
To monitor your cameras, you can download a free app on your devices. The app is available on Android Google Play and IOS App Store. You can view live video your devices anytime anywhere. It supports recording, video preview, playback, and back up options.
You can use up to eight wireless cameras on the system for your house or office. And its wireless monitoring has a long-range coverage, so you don’t need to worry about the signal.
Day and Night HD
The 1080p Wireless NVR creates a clear high definition video. The camera is also equipped with 3 infrared LED lights and an automatic IR filter. This ensures crisps and clear videos, both day and night vision up to 65ft (20m).
Made of IP66 materials, the camera is designed to be weatherproof. The metal house also gives longer durability. It can withstand any kind of weather, perfect for outdoor use.
- 1080p quality video
- 3 infrared LED lights with IR filter
- Viewing up to 65 feet away
- IP66 materials, weatherproof
- Free mobile monitoring app
- 1TB HDD enables 24/7 recording
- Multi alarm methods
- The adapter cord is short
- Lack of instructions on how to set up the camera
12. Ring Floodlight Motion-Activated HD Security Camera With 2 Way Audio
- Connect your Ring camera with Alexa then enable announcements to be alerted when motion is detected....
- Lets you see, hear and speak to visitors from your phone, tablet and PC
- With a Ring Protect Plan (subscription sold separately), record all your videos, review what you...
If you want the best security camera for outdoor to protect your home, Ring Floodlight Camera Motion can be your answer. The camera offers so many features, such as remote siren, two-tier motion detection, and many more. You can read more about them below.
The camera offers two-way communication through the app. You can speak and hear people at the other end of the camera from your mobile devices. It’s also equipped with a built-in microphone which provides good quality sound.
HD Live Video
Featuring 1080p Full HD video, the camera produces smooth movement and natural colors. And it records video both when it detects motion and when streaming live. The clips are saved into the Cloud, so you can access them later. Also, you can monitor your property at any time and anywhere with its Live View on-demand audio and video.
Activate the siren from your phone, tablet, and PC to scare away any intruder caught on camera. You will be notified in minutes, and you can activate the siren immediately.
Two-tier Motion Detection
The camera is equipped with a two-tier detection sensor. This is rare, even among the best outdoor security camera 2020. This allows the camera to detect both people and objects. You just need to adjust the infrared sensor setting. No more false alarm as you will only be notified when it detects people.
With an additional floodlight output at 3000 Kelvin, the camera can activate bright light on suspicious activity. As with any intruder approach, they will be showered by the bright light. This is a great addition to protect your home.
The 1080p full high definition camera is equipped with infrared night visions. With this feature, you’ll be able to monitor your property with good quality videos even when it’s pitch dark outside.
- 1080p full HD videos
- Additional floodlight at 3000 Kelvin to ward off intruders
- Two-tier motion detector helps reduce false alarm
- Remote-activated siren
- Two-way audio via the mobile app
- Ring Protect (the cloud-save feature) is available only with a paid subscription
- No wireless battery only works if connected to the main power
- Light bulbs cannot be replaced
13. Arlo Pro Home Security Camera System With Rechargeable
- Works with Alexa for voice control (Alexa device sold separately)
- 100 percent Wire free : Free of power cords and wiring hassles
- Weather resistant : Arlo Pro cameras are Weather resistant so you can place them anywhere indoors...
This security camera system is designed for both indoor and outdoor use, and it’s 100% wireless. Plus, it features a rechargeable battery and offers free cloud storage. All those amazing features make the Arlo Pro your choice of the best security camera for outdoor. If that’s not enough for you, here are its other features.
Free Cloud Storage
Every purchase comes with free cloud storage. Up to 7 days’ worth of recording will be stored safely for free. Plus, you can store your files on a USB for backup. Live, stream, and view videos without worry!
Place the camera anywhere you want without wiring hassles. You don’t need to run network cords whatsoever. Place the camera on several spots around your home.
The camera is equipped with an adjusted motion sensitivity sensor. You can customize the sensor to detect intruders. And it will alert you via email or push alert. When sound or motion is detected, you can turn on the 100 decibel siren from your devices, even if you’re not home. That will do the job of keeping intruders away from your home.
The Arlo Pro features 720p high-quality video with excellent color contrast. With eight infrared LED lights, the camera produces sharp black and white night visions up to 25ft (8m) away. You can view videos on your mobile devices anytime and anywhere.
With glossy white housing and IP65 certified materials, this camera is weatherproof. It can withstand any kind of weather: rain, snow, or heat. So you’ll have non-stop monitoring around your property.
Long battery life
Arlo Pro runs on a rechargeable Lithium-ion battery and lasts for up to six months before you need to charge it. So the camera will give you uninterrupted security. The battery life varies based on usage and setting. To know at Arlo Pro vs Arlo Pro 2.
- 720p quality video with extra color contrast
- 8 infrared LED lights for clear black-and-whine night visions
- View up to 25 feet away
- 100% wireless
- Free cloud storage up to 7 days
- IP65 materials, weatherproof
- Comes with Lithium-ion battery, one charge lasts up to six months
- It’s on the pricey side
- It doesn’t come with SD card storage
14. Wansview Outdoor 1080p Wireless Waterproof Security Camera
- 【1080P FHD with 2 Megapixel】Wansview outdoor security camera equiped with 4 Megapixel HD lens,...
- 【Works with Alexa & Night Vision】Wansview wireless security camera works with Alexa, you could...
- 【IP 66 Waterproof】 Wansview outdoor wifi camera is rated with IP66, the working temperature...
Wansview Outdoor Security Camera is designed for quality and function. Providing endless innovation to guard your home puts this camera in our list of the best security camera for outdoor. It boasts some features that we will discuss.
Equipped with IP66 material and durable aluminum outer casing, this camera works on windy, rainy, or shiny days.
It comes with motion and sound detection sensors. You will receive a real-time alert message whenever motion or sound is detected. So you’ll never miss anything. And you can receive additional alert videos if you have a Wansview cloud app.
Multiple Users View
Whenever you’re on vacation or a business trip, you can always check your home from your devices. The camera can be viewed on up to 4 devices at the same time. Also, you can live stream using the Wansview cloud app on your smartphones or PCs.
Night and Day Coverage
The camera features 24 infrared LED lights and records in color. For a night vision mode, it will automatically shift to black and white. The LEDs give you a clear picture even in darkness for up to 60ft (18m).
1080P FHD Video
No need to worry about fuzzy and blurry spots. This camera features a full HD resolution. It will capture every image with sharp and clear details. And with the 105° view, you will also have fewer blind spots.
The camera supports cloud storage to avoid the risk of losing your files in case your camera is broken or stolen. This will also prevent your data from being accessed without your permission.
- 1080p quality video with no blurs
- 105° view angle
- 24 infrared LED lights
- Color night vision, up to 60 feet away
- Multiple users can view through the Wansview app
- Real-time alerts to your devices
- IP66 materials, waterproof
- The camera only supports Wansview Cloud App and Wansview Cloud PC software
- It doesn’t support SD card
15. Night Owl Add-on Indoor Wireless 1080p AC Powered Camera
- 1080p Indoor/Outdoor Wireless AC Powered Infrared IP Camera
- Two-way Audio Enabled Camera
- 20 feet. of Clear Night Vision with 88 Degree Field of View
As the brand’s name suggests, Night Owl Security Camera stays alive while you’re asleep. It watches every move through its motion sensor. And you get to see everything clearly with the 1080p resolution. Keep reading to find out if this is your best security camera for outdoor!
1080p quality image with infrared night vision
View live videos in clear and great quality. Each image produced comes in 1920 x 1080 pixels resolution. It’s more than enough to see clearly up to 20 feet away. It also comes with infrared IP to provide as clear images at night.
Remote viewing and communicating
Through the Night Owl mobile app, you can view the live streaming videos anytime. No matter where you are! And with the same app, you can also communicate with whoever in front of your camera.
Real-time sensor alerts
Say goodbye to annoying false alerts with Night Owl’s dual sensor technology. From now on, you will only receive notifications that matter. It promises to reduce the false alarms up to 90% compared to others.
Free of subscription
Enjoy all features Night Owl has to offer at no extra charge. Access them through the mobile app that you can get and use for free on your smartphones. Night Owl promises no extra fee for lifetime services. See more at night owl security camera reviews
- 1080p quality image
- AC powered, no battery replacements needed
- Clear night vision up to 20 feet away
- Real-time alerts with up to 90% less false alarms
- Two-way audio via a mobile app
- Each purchase comes with a router
- No subscription needed
- Multiple recording storage options
- The mobile app doesn’t work quite well on some devices
- Relying on tech support can be an issue
16. Lorex 4k Wireless Security Camera System
- 1 4K ULTRA HD ACTIVE DETERRENCE SECURITY CAMERAS-Each 4K HD security camera provides an 87-degree...
- COLOR NIGHT VISION – Keep your family and possessions safe. Equipped with infrared LEDs, these...
- COMPATIBLE WITH LOREX LHV5100/5100W SERIES RECORDERS- Easily connect this camera to an open port on...
Tired of connection issues? Lorex Security Camera offers the best solution. It comes with its own DVR system, making it no dependent on the internet. It may be the last one on our list of best security camera for outdoor, but it’s certainly not the least. Let’s take a look at its key features.
Detailed clear images at 4K video quality
Never again pinch your eyes just to watch the live stream. Lorex Security Camera offers 4K video quality both day and night. With infrared LED lights, it also promises a clear night vision in colors. No more blurry black and white images!
Every purchase comes with Lorex’s own DVR. All recording files will go straight through the Digital Video Recorder. The LHV5100 and LHV5100W DVR are equipped with a 2TB hard drive. That is twice as much as most cameras offer. Store more videos safely without transmitting them through the internet!
Through Lorex Cloud, you can monitor your house anywhere at any time. Install the app service on any of your devices to enjoy the convenience. View live streams and communicate two-way through this app. Monitor everything as if you’ve never left the house.
Lorex Security Camera can withstand extreme weather both during winter and summer. Its materials are designed to last even when it’s -22 Degrees or 140 Degrees outside. This could be your best security camera for outdoor if you’re living in four-season areas.
You may also like: Lorex Wireless security camera system
- 4K Ultra HD camera
- Its infrared LEDs provide color night vision
- View clearly up to 150 feet away
- Comes with DVR (LHV5100(W) series)
- Built-in 2TB local storage with the DVR
- Remove access through Lorex Cloud service
- Weatherproof can withstand temperature changes from -22 to 140 Degrees Fahrenheit
- Extra wiring for DVR is not included
- The setup takes more time compared to modern NVR cameras
Benefits Of Using Security Camera For Outdoor
Buying the best security camera for outdoor, without a doubt, promises you tons of benefits. Here are some of the most common ones:
Advanced Security System
While traditional security cameras only provide live monitoring, the new technology offers so much more. The best security camera for home outdoor does not just live stream. It also records, alerts, and helps ward off intruders. This advanced system is like an extension of yourself. As it helps you protect your house even when you’re occupied or away.
For better recordings, you can also consider the best outdoor security camera system with DVR. With NVR, instead of storing your recording in Cloud, you have them in your own machine. Besides, this offers more secure storage, since you don’t transmit anything through the internet.
If you already have a traditional security system, such as CCTV cameras, go for DVR instead. NVR is not compatible with CCTV, which is an analog camera. Nowadays, we have a more modern version of CCTV. Read about them on our list of the best outdoor wireless security camera system with DVR.
While the old security system requires manpower to enable the monitoring, these ones don’t. The modern cameras have their own alert system which will notify you as a security guard would. Better yet, it can work faster than any security guard.
Now equipped with a smart mobile app, they will notify you right away through motion and noise detection sensors. Anytime there’s a movement or sound detected around the camera, you will receive real-time alerts on your devices. What kind of alert and which device depends on the camera itself. Some offer text notification, some via email, and some require an app. Regardless, this feature will benefit you especially if you’re planning to spend more time away from home.
Remote protective measures
Besides sending you real-time alerts, modern security systems offer more. The best security camera for outdoor will give you tools to do follow-up actions. The most common would be a siren, loud enough to ward off intruders and wake the whole neighborhood. However, if you prefer a less intrusive action, you can choose those with automatic ultra-bright lights.
For further actions, some surveillance systems equip the cameras with the “Send Help” option. With this feature, you can connect your alerts with the police or fire department’s dispatch. Send the authorities to check on your house while you’re miles away. Indeed, this is the most sophisticated security system available in the market.
Easier to proceed with criminal reports
We’ve seen tons of security footage on YouTube. Some of them were used to catch criminals in action. The news of prosecuting thieves, burglars, and intruders with the help of security cameras is not new. This alone should ensure the main benefits of the best security camera for outdoor.
Even without the “Send Help” option, security cameras will help to process criminal reports. You can use your saved videos as proofs, in case further action needs to be taken. When the burglar somehow managed to steal from you, chasing them will be easier with the files you have.
Reducing criminal activities
Did you know that more than 80% of house burglary happened to unsupervised properties? A house that is not equipped with security cameras is more prone to criminal activities than those are. This is simply because people, including criminals, don’t want to take too big of a risk. Security cameras will hinder them from even trying to break in.
Insurance premium discount
Planning to have your house insured? Here’s the good news: if you have security cameras installed around your house, you will get an insurance premium discount. For the same covers and benefits, you get to pay less than those who don’t install this security system! This is a common policy among property insurance companies. And as a customer, you can enjoy this extra benefit. A good addition to other great things your security system has to offer!
Peace of mind
Last but definitely not least, having a good security system at home will give you some peace of mind. When you’re at home, yours and your family’s safety is guaranteed with the help of security cameras. And you can also benefit from the same assurance when you’re away. Leaving your house, your belongings, and your family members at home can be a worrying part of your life. Let the best security camera for outdoor eases your mind a little. You deserve it!
Buying Guide: What to consider for buying Best Security Camera for Outdoor in 2020
Before you click on the “Buy Now” button, there are some things you need to consider:
While offering more sophisticated features, some modern cameras rely on internet connection. They won’t work without it. And that is can be a big problem if you don’t have a good and stable internet connection. Keep in mind that without the internet, some cameras may not be able to save any recordings. More importantly, they won’t be connected to the remote app. No alert, no notification, and not much you can do.
To avoid this issue, some manufacturers add built-in SD storage. So, whenever your internet connection is not working, your camera would still save the recordings. However, this should be your backup instead of your main storage due to its limited size.
For better storage, go for built-in hard disk. This feature usually comes with DVR cameras. Instead of transmitting the videos through the internet, this type of camera will save directly to the hard drive. And even without the internet, it still works.
Setup and wiring
All security cameras need set up before you can use them. How much effort you need to put into depends on the camera itself. Some only need an adhesive sticker to mount, while others require tools and wiring to install. Before you pick your top rated security camera for outdoor, check the product’s setup instruction. Consider if it’s doable.
Wireless cameras are usually easier to install. While more stable cameras, such as DVR analog cameras, require more time to setup. However, it’s a tradeoff for the stability and other features it offers. Whichever you choose does not matter as long as you’re prepared to do the setup.
Also, consider where you’re planning to mount the camera. Analog cameras or any other wired cameras need to be connected to the power adapter. Make sure the cord length is enough. Keep in mind, some modern cameras still need some wiring even though they transmit through an internet connection.
View range and angle
One of the things that differ outdoor and indoor cameras is the view range and angle. Indoor cameras usually don’t come with wide-angle or long-range, while outdoor cameras do. In fact, it’s a must when it comes to choosing the best security camera for outdoor. With a wider angle and longer range, you can see more with just one camera. Also, this feature is important for night vision. The better and the more infrared lights a camera has, the better images it produces.
Outdoor cameras have to be more durable than those indoors. To be mounted outdoors, these cameras should be able to withstand heat, rain, snow, and even extreme weather changes. Those with IP65 or IP66 materials are your best choice. These types of material can stand 24/7 cold, up to -22 Degrees Fahrenheit, and heat, up to 140 Degrees. Depending on where you live, you may not need these at all. However, it wouldn’t hurt to buy the best for precaution, would it?
What is the best wireless security camera outdoor?
The answer varies. As a customer, you have your own preferences. What your friends consider as the best camera may not be the best for you. Do your own research and decide what’s best. Take a look at our 16 recommended options and start from there!
Which is a better wired or wireless security camera?
To decide, you have to know the difference between the two and which one suits you better. Wired security camera takes more time to install. And to place it outdoor, you might need extra wiring to connect the AC adapters. With no batteries, the camera will stay on as long as you have power. On the other hand, a wireless security camera only needs to be mounted. However, you will have to keep track of battery life. Changing the battery can also be a challenge if you install it on a high spot. So, which one is better depends on what you want to worry less, changing the battery or installing the wiring?
Can any security camera work with any DVR?
No. DVR or Digital Video Recorders only works on analog or CCTV cameras. A more modern camera does not transmit the captured images through the same system as a DVR. For the latter type of cameras, you will need NVR or Network Video Recorders.
What is better NVR or DVR?
As NVR works on more modern cameras, it comes with more advanced technologies. This alone puts NVR at the top of the competition. However, if you prefer analog cameras that work as CCTV, you should stick to DVR as it is more compatible with this type of camera. Besides, DVR cameras can work without any internet connection, while NVR depends on it. It is a NETWORK Video Recorders after all.
What should I look for when buying outdoor security cameras?
Before choosing your top rated security camera for outdoor, think about where and how you’re going to install it. Will it need extra time and effort to set up? And most importantly, look for weatherproof cameras. Go for a sturdier design for more durability. Scroll back up to our “Buying Guide” for further details.
Can I use indoor cameras for outdoor?
Yes, but the result will not be optimal. Keep in mind that indoor cameras are designed for indoor activities and settings. As mentioned before, the best security camera for outdoor offers a wider view and a longer range. If you insist on using indoor cameras for outdoor, you may have uncovered blind spots. Besides, the materials for the outdoor camera are more durable. They are designed to withstand the elements 24/7.
Do companies have access to my recorded videos?
Equipping your house with a surveillance system has become necessary in this modern era. It’s not just about ensuring the safety of your house. But it’s also about giving you some peace of mind. Whether you spend most of your time at home or outside, the best security camera for outdoor will help you. With one less thing to worry about, you are increasing your quality of life. You will be more focused on other things, such as developing your business or simply finishing your house projects. There’s no doubt that you will benefit from having your own security system.
Besides, installing a security camera is a way to keep up with technology. Sadly, technology improvement is available to everyone, including thieves and burglars. To ward them off, you may need equally sophisticated tools. And that’s where the best security camera for outdoor 2020 comes into play.
With our top picks on this list, you will not lack options. Save this list and use it to help you make your final decision. All of these cameras offer the best of their own. Now it’s your job to decide which one you prefer based on your needs. Don’t forget to look at our Buying Guide once more before you do. Happy hunting!
- Battery-powered wireless outdoor security camera reviews
- The best home security camera system in 2020
- best PTZ outdoor camera
- best 4k security camera systems