Even when you feel you’re too keen on the road, fate, sadly, has with it other plans. Not every driver is as keen as you and you might encounter a drunkard driving, who ends up ramming your car from behind or even front. If unlucky and you lack enough evidence, you might end up being the wrongdoer whereas you’re supposed to be the victim. However, if you had the best front and rear dash cam in 2020 for your car, the case would be totally different.
A dashcam helps capture and record every activity that is happening closer to your vehicle. So, you won’t even need to convince the authorities on what exactly transpired at the time of the accident. As a matter of fact, you won’t even need to beg your insurance company when requesting compensation.
What is a Dash Cam and Why You Should Have in Your Car
Simply put, a dashcam is an in-car camera system that makes sound and video recording of your journey. Also known as the dashboard camera, the recording device has become increasingly popular throughout the years following its affordability and its numerous benefits.
From a recent survey by the AA insurance, the use of dashcam by the motorists in the UK has gone from 1% to 15% within 4 years. This means more and more people are getting to understand and accept the worthiness of the systems.
Some of the benefits you get to enjoy when you have a dash cam in your car include:
Produces first-hand evidence of a car accident: this is by far the main reason millions of motorists have opted to invest in dash cams. The camera systems usually start to record immediately you start your car’s engine, hence, it provides real-time proof in the event of an accident.
Capture Crime: some dashboard cameras come with advanced features that function just like that of a car alarm. With Vantrue N2 Pro, for instance, the device has a stunning parking mode that auto records when it detects a movement.
Prevent Insurance Fraud: when they feel they need a change of wheels, some fraudsters stage international accidents hoping to get compensated by the victim. With the recording from your dash cam, nonetheless, you can avoid any unnecessary payments and even get compensated instead.
Recording road trip memories: if you hardly enjoy during road trips, then, perhaps what you need is being driven. Road trips are supposed to be fun experiences and that’s why you consider having a dash cam in the company. Some of these cams even come with GPS features to make your moments even more enjoyable.
Help Capture undisciplined drivers: in one or two moments of your driving, you have probably come across an arrogant and reckless driver. With a dash cam, you can capture and forward the recording to the authorities to help ensure the roads are safer for other drivers and pedestrians.
If you’re concerned about how your teenage son behaves s on the road, a dashboard camera can help you with that. The camera system will give you footage on his kind of driving and also who and where he has been visiting. With the built-in GPS [if available in the cam], you can also know the real-time location of your child.
The Best Front And Rear Dash Cam 2020
Following their growing demand, the number of dash cams in the market is growing day by day. As such, choosing one can be a bit tricky, particularly if you’re not sure of the aspects to look for. The following are the 10 best front and rear dash cam systems that you can use to select your favorite one. All are the models online users have recommended due to their convenience in use and reliability. So, they won’t fail your expectations.
1. APEMAN Dash Cam C450 Review
- 1080P FULL HD DASH CAM - Simultaneous recording with Super High Resolution 1080P FHD Lens, and 3...
- 170° SUPER WIDE ANGLE - This car driving recorder employs 170° super wide angle lens. Ultra-wide...
From one of the best manufacturers of security and trail cameras, APEMAN has also being a remarkable supporter to the motorists. With the C450 Dash Cam, for example, the company has used its long-established experience and innovativeness to make sure you get high-quality recordings.
The dashboard camera has a superior, high-resolution lens that captures 1080P Full HD images and delivers them on the fitted 3” LCD screen. This lens has a 170° wide field of vision. Hence, makes sure you get to receive more details of the surroundings and with fewer blind spots.
For a more worthwhile experience, APEMAN C450 FHD Dash Cam has both the HDR [High
Dynamic Range] and WDR features. The combination of the two helps ensure you get clear color-accurate images even in backlight or low-light environments.
Also, the APEMAN dash cam comes with a built-in G-Sensor, which automatically detects a sudden shake/ collision and save the video footage. The recordings are saved to a micro SD card that will automatically overwrite the old data when it’s full.
When it comes to using, APEMAN Dash Cam C450 is very easy to set up and operating. Hence, you won’t need to hire any technician to help with that. The best front and rear dash cam 2020.
- APEMAN Dash Cam C450 produces super quality 1080P FHD video and images
- It has an ultra-wide viewing angle to help capture a large scene
- Features a built-in G-Sensor to automatically capture and save video footage of the collision
- Supports a Class 10 microSD card of at least 32GB
- Functions with external power but also has a battery for emergence file back up
- Features a superior night vision with clear colored images
- The dash cam is very easy to set up and use.
2. VANTRUE N2 Pro Dual Dash Cam
- 【Dual 1080P, Front 1440P@30fps or 1080P 60fps】Best 2 way dash cam to record car interior picked...
- 【Sony Infrared Night Vision Front and Inside Dash Cam】The interior facing camera utilizes a Sony...
The VANTRUE N2 Pro is an alternative dashboard camera that you can go with if your wish is to have super-clear images. Different from the APEMAN C450, though, it features two recording lenses- one for interior and the other for the front.
Selected by the Business Insider, CNET, and Wirecutter as the best front and rear dash cam, VANTRUE N2 Pro features a 170° front camera. for the one capturing the inside of the passenger cabin, it has a field vision of 140°. When using the two cameras simultaneously, they both produce ultra-clear 1080P HD pictures showing every detail in their originality.
If you opt to use the front cam alone, you can choose the picture resolution of your choice, including 1440P, 1296P, and 1080P HD.
VANTRUE N2 Pro Dual Dash Cam features an enhanced infrared night vision that works alongside HDR technology for quality images. For the front cam, however, the produced videos are colored, whereas that of the cabin produces clearer but white and black images.
Designed to give you a professional experience, the VANTRUE dashboard camera has an incredible parking mode to cherish. The feature incorporates enhanced motion detection, whereby it auto records when people or other vehicles move closer to your car.
- VANTRUE N2 Pro features dual 1080P Front and in-car recording camera
- It features a superior night vision with colored videos [front cam] and super-clear infrared images [rear cam]
- Has a built-in microphone and speaker to record high-quality audio
- Features an enhanced 24-hour parking mode with motion-activated recording
- Has a highly sensitive G-Sensor to auto-detect sudden collision and lock the video footage
- The dual dashboard camera has a built-in GPS to guide you on your driving route.
3. YI FHD Smart Dash Cam
- Features 165 ultra wide-angle to reduce blind spots and obtain full 3 lane coverage. F1.8 apertures...
- High Definition Image and First-class Night vision - 1920x1080p 60fps high speed video recording...
To begin with, the YI FHD Smart Dash Cam is remarkably affordable and truly worth to have. The recording device features a lens with a wide viewing angle to reduce blind spots and make sure you get full 3 lane coverage. While it’s not 4K Ultra HD, its images are of high definition [1080P], which the device can capture even when moving fast.
YI Smart dash camera comes with built-in G-Sensor to facilitating instant recording and securing of the footage in the event of a sudden collision. The video dash cam also features highly sensitive image sensors that make a possible recording of bright and clear pictures during the night time.
If you would like to have a quick playback, YI FHD Smart Dash Cam has a built-in 2.7” LCD widescreen to view from. The device even has built-in 2.4GHz wifi that allows you to easily access the recordings in your smartphone. Also, the dashboard camera has an advanced driver assistance system [ADAS] for real-time lane departure warnings.
- YI FHD Smart Dash Cam comprises of 165° wide lens and high-end video processor
- It captures vivid, bright images during the daytime and super-clear pictures in the nighttime
- Features built-in G-Sensor technology to automatically record any emergency situation
- Has built-in wifi function for you to access and easily share real-time footage with friends
- The dashboard camera offers lane-departure and forward-collision warnings for further road safety precautions.
4. CHORTAU B-T13 Dual Dash Cam
- ★【Dash Cam Front and Rear】This dual dash cam equipped with 1080P resolution front camera and...
- ★【Loop Recording & Emergency Accident Locks】: Seamless loop recording overwrites the old...
CHORTAU B-T13 is another stunning dash cam that can help protect and offer you peace of mind on the road. It has double camera lenses for monitoring the roads ahead and behind the car. The car dash camera front and rear
With CHORTAU B-T13 Dual Dash Cam, you’ll never have to worry about the vehicle trying to take off after bumping into your bumper. The recording device captures crystal-clear 1080P videos, with the best visual experience. It has built-in G-Sensor, by the way, so, you’ll already have collected enough evidence of the other driver before he even thinks of running away.
To make sure you never get to miss any of the current recordings the CHORTAU dashboard camera work with loop recording. The system has an advanced night vision, featuring 6pcs IR illuminators to ensure capturing of extra clear videos and image footage.
For a better driving experience, CHORTAU B-T13 Dual Dash Cam automatically displays [on the 3” screen] full rear viewing when reversing. The displayed picture even comes with guidelines to make sure your parks easily and safely.
- CHORTAU B-T13 is a dual dash cam for monitoring roads ahead and behind the car
- It features a superior 170-degree wide-angle lens for a broader high-quality coverage
- Supports G-Sensor Lock for in the event of a sudden shake or collision
- Works with an external 5V DC power input but also has a built-in Li-ion battery for backup
- Can function at temperatures ranging from -86°F to 158°F
- Features reversing camera mode and 24-hour parking monitor
- The dash cam has a micro SD card and it supports loop recording.
5. REXING V1- 4K Ultra HD Car Dash Cam
- ULTRA HD DISCREET DESIGN DASH CAM: Top OV4689 image sensor captures beautiful 2160p video even while...
- 170 DEGREE ULTRA WIDE ANGLE LENS & WIDE DYNAMIC RANGE: The 7 layer glass lens opens up to capture a...
Well, just as its name suggests, REXING V1 is that one dash cam you ought to get if your interest is on rich, ultra-clear images. It features a top-class image sensor that captures vivid 2160p video no matter how fast you’re driving The device has a 170-degree ultra-wide lens and wide dynamic range. Hence, it gets to capture a large scene and still record super quality pictures no matter the lighting situation of the area. This includes even in total darkness.
REXING V1- 4K Ultra HD Car Dash Cam comes with a sensitive G-Sensor to protect the captured footage in the event of a collision. Also, the monitoring device supports Loop Recording, whereby it automatically overwrites the oldest files in case the microSD card is full.
With REXING V1- 4K Ultra HD Car Dash Cam, you never have to worry of o convenience or reliability. It has supercapacitor that allows it to work in extreme temperatures ranging from -20°F to 176°F. The recording device feature a superb parking monitor function that allows it to automatically records when there are vibrations/ movements. The best front and rear dash cam in 2020.
- REXING V1 Ultra HD Dash Cam features a superior wide lens that produces super quality images
- It has excellent WDR technology for rich recordings in low-lighted environments
- Features highly sensitive G-Sensor to protect important footage in the event of a collision
- Supports Micro SD card of up to 256GB
- The cam has an optional GPS feature to provide real-time information such as speed, location, etc.
6. AUKEY DR02D Dual Dashboard Camera
- 【Clear Video Capture】: The DR02 D is a complete front and rear dash camera system that backs you...
- 【Full Six-Lane View】: The wide-angle lenses cover more, capturing crucial peripheral action....
AUKEY DR02D is another great car front and rear dash camera to help save you from trouble in the event of an accident or vandalism. It comprises of a front 170-degree camera and a 152-degree camera, both producing a super-sharp 1080P video. Though optional, the two even records in-car audio that can be of great aid when monitoring your young driver or record an undisciplined driver.
AUKEY DR02D Dual Dashboard Camera is very easy to install and it supports both loop recording and emergency recording [with G-Sensor]. The dash came has a large aperture and HDR technology to guarantee worthwhile performance when driving during the night. The best front and rear dash cam with night vision. To make the experience even more thrilling, you can connect your AUKEY DR02D to the GPS
Antenna for easy tracking of your trip. The dash cam has a superior internal capacitor that allows the system to function at temperatures ranging from -22°F to 167°F.
- AUKEY DR02D comprises of a complete front and rear dash camera system that produces super-sharp 1080P videos
- Both cameras have a wide lens to capture a large scene of up to 4 lanes
- It supports both Loop and Emergency recording
- It utilizes contemporary HDR to ensure strong performance during nighttime
- The dual dash cam is a plug-and-play system, thus, remarkably easy to install.
7. Crosstour CR900 Dual Lens Dash Cam
- CAPTURE THE SCENE--With front and rear 1080P and 170° wide-angle dual camera, CR900 can...
- TRACK YOUR JOURNEY--Optional GPS interface, CR900 can record your driving route, speed, and location...
This is a dual dash cam that helps track the activities happening in the front of your driving road and at the back of your car. Both the front and rear lenses have a 170-degree wide viewing angle to ensure your vehicle has all-round protection, with lesser blind spots. Furthermore, the two cams feature a Novatek chip, 6 Glass Lens, and an advanced Sony sensor to make possible the production of clearer footage and image.
For Crosstour CR900 Dual Lens Dash, you never have to worry what time of the day it is or which season. The dual dash cam comes incorporated with HDR technology to facilitate capturing of clearer, color pictures even in low-lighted surroundings. These pictures are displayed on the device’s 3” high-resolution LCD screen, which you can as well use when plying back past recordings.
Crosstour CR900 supports Loop recording to an external microSD card, making sure even when you never get to miss any current footage. In the event of a sudden shake or collision, the recording device has a G-sensor that locks the current footage and prevent it from being overwritten.
- Crosstour CR900 features a wide-angle lens to capture a large scene and record high-quality images
- It features Loop recording and G-sensor to secure current event in the event of a collision
- Supports a micro SD card of up to 32GB
- Incorporates HDR technology for superior night vision
- The dashboard camera incredible motion sensors that automatically trigger recording when there’s a movement close to the car
8. IIWEY D02 car Dual Lens Best Front and Rear Dash Cam With Night Vision
- 【Dual Lens, Dual Protection】Dual cameras automatically recording the same time when you start...
- 【Loop Recording & Emergency Video Locks】The seamless loop recording overwrites the old footage...
Convenient. Reliable. And ultimately affordable. These are three primary words that we can use to define IIWEY D02 car Dual Lens Dash Cam. For convenience, the dash cam system features a dual camera lens, with one for capturing the front of the road and the other behind the car.
The two cameras feature a 170° wide lens that captures brilliant 1080P Full HD images with a broader field of vision. These images display on the built-in 3” LCD screen, so, you can even easily playback the recordings from the system itself.
Speaking of the playback function, IIWEY D02 car Dual Lens Dash Cam comes with a 32GB microSD card, hence, you won’t need to buy another one. The prestigious dashboard camera supports both Loop and Emergency recording, so you don’t ever need to worry about missing important current footage.
Also, with the IIWEY dash cam, you never have to worry about your car’s security even when you have left it for parking. It has an enhanced parking guard that automatically powers and record as soon an impact is detected. This is a great feature as it assures you some peace of mind since you know it has 24/7 monitoring.
- IIWEY D02 comprise of dual cameras, which produces super-clear FULL HD 1080P images
- It features a superlative G-Sensor to ensure emergency recording in the event of a sudden shock/ collision
- Comes with a 32GB SD card, which saves files using Loop recording
- Houses advanced night vision sensor and HDR technology for capturing clearer images in low-light environments
- The dual dash cam system has motion detection to help protect your car while in the public parking lot.
9. TOGUARD CE35 Mirror Dash Cam
- 7" IPS Touch Screen and 1080P FHD Recording: Simultaneous recording in 1080P front view and 480P...
- Reversing Camera Kit for Safe Parking: Connect the red wire from the rear camera to the reversing...
If your desires are on sleekness and modern making, the TOGUARD CE35 Mirror Dash Cam is our top recommendation. As the best car front and rear dash camera structurally, it features an exquisite seamless edge design, with 7” touch screen. The touch screen is pretty responsive and very easy to navigate.
With TOGUARD CE35 Mirror Dash Cam, you’re able to know of the happenings in the front and behind your car. The recording device has a superlative front lens that records super-clear 1080P HD footage at a 170° field of vision. For the rear cam, the lens is not as that powerful but it has a 120° view and 480P resolution.
Designed with five view modes, TOGUARD CE35 allows you to switch from full-screen display of rear/ front view or picture-to-picture display. If you miss the old ways of doing things, you can even turn off the screen display and use it .as a regular rearview mirror.
Similar to the few cams we have discussed, TOGUARD CE35 is an incredible parking monitor As well. The dashboard camera has a built-in battery that will automatically wake the device and record a short clip after detecting a vibration/ shock when parking.
- TOGUARD CE35 captures 1080P [Front] images and 480P [rear] images
- It features a wide and clear 7” touchscreen, with 5 view modes
- Has an excellent G-Sensor parking monitor feature
- Supports an external MicroSD card of up to 32GB
- The dashboard camera is very simple to install and use.
10. Campark DC02 Dual Dashboard Camera
- 【Dual Dash Cam】Features 1080P FHD front camera and 720P rear camera, both cameras can display...
- 【Super Night/Day Vision】 dashcams for car front and rear adopt F1.8 aperture and WDR technology...
Last on our list of the best front and rear dash cam is the Campark DC02, which comes fully parked for one thrilling experience. Both the front and rear cams are high performing but with different types of lenses. Since the front one has more uses than just capturing first-hand evidence in the event of an accident, it has a higher resolution of 1080P FHD. The rear cam, on the other hand, captures 720P HD images that, of course, are still remarkably clear but not as with a 1080P lens.
While you’ll notice it’s a newly-introduced product in the market, Campark DC02 Dual Dashboard Camera is truly worth it to have. Not just for the outstanding performance during the day but its reliability during the night as well. The dashcam has a fine night vision sensor and WDR technology to ensure the footage in low-lit conditions are bright and super-clear.
Designed to give you the best experience with your car, Campark DC02 Dash Cam can be a great guide when parking your vehicle. You only need to connect the rear cam with the car’s reversing light lamp. Then, you get to enjoy full screen rear footage and parking lines when your car is in reverse gear.
- Campark DC02 produces crystal high dimension front and rear images
- It features an enhanced night vision to ensure clarity of videos in low-lighted conditions
- Has highly sensitive G-Sensor to automatically record and lock footage in the event of a shake/ collision
- Features an excellent 24-hour parking monitor with motion detection
- The dash cam automatically overwrite [Loop recording] the oldest recordings to ensure you never miss any new important activity
BUYING GUIDE: Essential Tips To Help You Pick The Best Front And Rear Dash Cam in 2020
Those’re the 10 best front and rear dash cam systems that you can choose if you’re hoping to protect your car in 2020. They are all high performing and ultimately affordable, so, either can work out for you without fail. For a system not to disappoint you, however, you have to make sure you pick what really suits your needs. And to make sure a system suits your needs, you have to first discern what exactly is it that you want.
This now brings us to our third subject, whereby we’ll be looking at some of the essential aspects to consider when buying a dash cam.
What To Consider When Choosing The Best Front And Rear Dash Cam For Your Automobile
Why Do You Need A Dash Cam
What exactly do you need the dashboard camera for? So that you can have first-hand evidence in the event of an accident or to help you monitor your teenage daughter’s driving?
Giving answers to some of these questions should be your very first step before setting out to buy a dashboard camera. They are very essential as they help you in determining which design to pick and also what extra features to look for.
Now that you know your true reason and the type of a dashboard camera that might suit your needs, the next step now is on budget. Discern how many bucks you’re hoping to spend on your prospective recording device. The best dash cam under 100 in 2020.
Dashboard cameras usually come in varying price tags, so, the thickness of your wallet determines the one you get. This, however, doesn’t mean all the best devices should come at a price of $500+. Nope.
As a matter of fact, the majority of dash cam models that we have covered today are below $100. Even with their reasonable pricing, though, all the systems are high performing and that’s why thousands of users have left their 5-star recommendation.
The primary purpose of a dash camera is to capture footage of that car that rammed onto your car’s rear light or bumper. As such, you have to make sure the device you get record super clear images, whether it’s daytime or during the night.
With the 10 dashboard cameras that we’ve reviewed, they all have a superior lens with an HD resolution. They all also have enhanced night vision sensors and HDR or WDR technology to guarantee the production of bright clearer images in low-light conditions.
Both Wide Dynamic Range [WDR] and High Dynamic Range [HDR] are one and the same thing. Their sole purpose is improving image quality in low-lighted, or else dark environments.
As you focus on the image resolution, it’s also important you take note of the coverage of your dream dash cam. Luckily, the majority of the system from top brands produce has a wide field of vision [predominantly between 120° – 180°]. Hence, presents you with broader coverage of 2 to 6 lanes.
With a cam with a wide-angle lens, there are lesser/ no blind spots. This is a great advantage if you’re using the device for your driving as it’ll be easy to avoid accidents by yourself.
With dashboard cameras, the footage usually records in a microSD card that in the majority of cases you have to buy. This is usually tricky as you have to make sure the SD card you get is fully compatible with your system. This includes in terms of size, class rating, and even the make.
Recording high definition videos are not that simple and not all memory cards are able to keep up. With systems like IIWEY D02 car Dual Lens Dash Cam, knowing the right card to use is pretty simple since the device comes with one.
For the recording function, you don’t have to worry about any of the above front and rear dash cam. They all support Loop and Emergency Recording, with the former being overwriting of the oldest footage with the current video. The feature is remarkably essential as it makes sure you always have current recordings even when the SD card is full.
On the other end, Emergency Recording is supported by a built-in G-Sensor, which immediately triggers recording when there’s a sudden shock/ collision. The recorded clip is then locked, making sure it’s not overwritten during Loop recording.
Note: the majority of dash cams support only 32GB SD Card but there are a few that supports over 128GB. The cams record the footage in blocks of 1, 3, or 5 minutes. This means, for a 1hr drive and a camera that records in 5 minutes blocks, you’ll end up with 12 X 5minute videos.
Dashboard cameras usually rely on your car’s power to function. They require you to plug them into your automobile’s 12v socket, whereby they’ll automatically turn on and record when the engine becomes active.
For optimal convenience, though, some of the recording devices come with built-in batteries that act as power backup. The batteries, primarily are in those cameras with a parking mode feature for monitoring your vehicle when in the parking lot.
Therefore, to ensure the safety of your car when on the road and at a public parking lot, consider getting a dashboard camera like CHORTAU B-T13. It utilizes your car’s external power input to record while driving and an internal battery for the 24/7 parking monitoring.
The GPS Feature Might Come In Hand As Well
That’s right. For those dash cam with the feature, it adds speed and location details to the footage, hence, providing solid evidence on where exactly an incident happened and at what speed you were driving in at the time. so, if you’re truly the victim, the fraudsters won’t be able to milk you as they had hoped [but that’s if you weren’t over speeding].
Also, some of these GPS features can guide you on how to reach your destination, hence, curtailing the chances of getting lost. If by any chance you’re monitoring your young driver, you’ll be able to know where he went at and at what time of the day.
Frequently Asked Questions About Front and Rear Dash Cams
Is A Dash Cam Really Worth It To Have?
Absolutely! In the event of an accident, you can use the recording as evidence to the authorities or insurance agencies while seeking compensation.
What Should I Pay Attention To In A Dash Cam?
Mmh, that depends on what you want the recording device for. If it’s just the basic accident precaution, you can focus on aspects like Video Quality, G-Sensor, Parking Mode, and even GPS features.
G- Sensor… G-Sensor… G-Sensor… What Is G-Sensor?
This is a built-in sensor in a dashboard camera that functions by detecting a sudden change in direction [Gravitational force] and triggers the automatic recording. In the event of an accident, the feature then auto saves and locks that footage to make sure your video evidence is safe.
Will My Car’s Dash Cam Work Even When In Parking Mode?
Yes, it can if it has a standby power backup [batteries] and also motion detection, or else the parking mode function.
What Is The Best Size Microsd Card To Use?
Larger size [like 128G or 512GB] is always the best but that is if the recording device is compatible with one. A larger microSD card ensures you get longer recordings.
How Many Hours Can The 32GB SD Record?
A 32G SD card is the most common in many dash cams. The card can record 1080p videos between 2-4 hours for a front or rear camera. When using the two cameras simultaneously, the recording time drops to 1.5 – 2 hours.
A dash cam is a very important device to have in your automobile. Whether it’s your family minivan or the company’s trailers. Of course, you can still use your vehicle without one but at the time, the chances of insurance fraud and other road issues are very high.
When you have the best front and rear dash cam beside you and car, you’re able to protect yourself against accident claims and insurance agencies’ drama. It’s also a very convenient device and you can record your long-distance drive and share the sweet moments with your friends.
While the market is already filing with new and ultra-modern dashboard cameras, picking the right one for your needs might not be that simple. From our post, nonetheless, we have reviewed #10 of the best-rated products following their convenience, reliability, and affordability.
To make it even simpler, we’ve finalized our post with a brief guide, pointing out all the essential aspects to consider in a dash camera. We duly hope the post has touched on all the details you were looking for and you’ve now gotten the dash cam of your needs.