While installing video surveillance systems on your property, you probably will come to some locations that are difficult to run the wire. Whether it’s the power cables or Ethernet, meaning you won’t have extra eyes there. If you can get a battery operated outdoor security camera with memory card, though, monitoring such areas is very possible and easy.
A battery-powered security camera is usually very convenient when it comes to monitoring those locations with no access to power. If there is a slot for a microSD card, it now means the system is totally wire-free. Hence, you won’t just enjoy its convenience but double efficiency.
Benefits of Getting a Battery Powered Outdoor Security Camera
Simple and Quick To Install: Since there’s no wiring required, the security camera system is very simple to install. You just need to mount it where you want, then, learn how to operate.
Lower Initial Costs: considering they don’t require wiring or a station box to use with, battery-powered security cameras are remarkably cheap to buy. They are very simple to install and setup on your own, hence, you won’t need to spend extra fees on professional installers.
Readily Integrated: The majority of these modern battery-powered security cameras can connect with other devices, including NVR, and computers. With an outdoor battery powered security camera with smartphone app, you even get the advantage of viewing live recordings from anywhere.
Versatility: Since they don’t have cables, the outdoor security camera models are easy to move/ relocate. As such, you always will have the option to install to the desired risk-area, whether it’s your kids’ nursery or parking area.
With their built-in local storage and source of power, the video surveillance systems can be moved from one point to another without difficulty. This can be helpful if you’re staying in a rental apartment or hotel and you’d like to monitor your room attendant/s.
These are just some of the benefits battery operated outdoor security camera with memory card will offer you. In case you’re looking forward to enjoying them, you can consider giving a try of the devices below.
As we shall see, the outdoor security systems are really high performing and they all are very affordable. Thus, you can even pick more than one to place at different positions of your compound to up your safety demands.
For real-time alerts and live feed of your property when away, you can read Battery Powered Wireless Outdoor Security Camera Reviews here. Don’t be surprised, though, if you find some of the products here are there as well. It means they can multitask to give you a better experience.
Best Battery Powered Outdoor Security Camera in 2020
1. ZUMIMALL Battery Powered Home Security Camera
- RECHARGEABLE & LONG STANDBY TIME: This rechargeable camera comes with a 6000mAh battery that lasts...
- EASY TO INSTALL & USE: This wire-free battery powered outdoor security camera takes less than 5...
While we can’t approve it’s the best, the ZUMIMALL home security camera is amongst the best surveillance systems in the market. From the eyes, yes, it looks simple but its performance differs from many.
If it’s the recordings, the outdoor security camera has a superior lens with a 2.1MP image sensor and a 130-degree field of vision. This ensures you got eyes on a large scene and the captured images are both bright and sharp. Hence, you can even see the objects at a distance with clarity.
With a PIR motion sensor and a superlative night vision, the ZUMIMALL Home Security Camera provides you with the protection you need. The two make sure nothing ever happens around your property without your knowledge. Be it day or in total darkness.
Whenever there are movements, the built-in motion sensor triggers an automatic recording on the fitted SD card or cloud space. The cloud services, nonetheless, are paid packages and also you must have an internet connection.
By connecting your surveillance device to the internet, you’re certainly more than lucky since you can enjoy remote access features. This includes getting motion-triggered alerts and live viewing footage from your smart device.
To guarantee your family and valuable assets maximum security, by the way, this device has a two-way audio function. This feature, alongside the rest, works fine and effectively using the put 6000mAh battery.
The life of the battery usually vary but it solely depends on how busy the device has been. It, however, can’t be less than 6 weeks and is rechargeable, which means you’ll never have to go back to the store. Check more at Zumimall security camera reviews.
- ZUMIMALL Battery Powered Home Security Camera is ultimately convenient, reliable, and affordable
- It features a wide lens that captures 1080p HD pictures
- Has an excellent two-way audio function
- Supports remote viewing with mobile devices
- Features an SD slot [supports up to 128 GB], as well as cloud storage
- Runs on a rechargeable battery
- The outdoor security camera is IP65 weatherproof. So, it can endure the harshest rain, hail, winter, and sunshine.
- At some point, it can be boring to remove and return the camera to charge
- Can work with only 2.4G Wi-Fi
2. MECO 1080P Outdoor Surveillance Camera
- 🔋【Rechargeable Battery Security Camera】This rechargeable wifi camera comes with 6700mAh...
- 🌙【1080P HD Images & Night Vision】1080P full HD technology, the outdoor camera provides you...
In case you feel the 2-month battery life would inconvenience your plans, this piece by MECO creators can be a good alternative. It has a 6700mAh battery that can last at least 3 months when fully charged. The 3-month period is when the device is at a busy point, hence, it will be working for quite some time.
Despite being able to retain power in such a period, the MECO Outdoor Security camera offers several features. One of them is capturing 1080p Full HD images, which of course you [probably] know require more power to process.
The recorded images are very clear and vivid. Thus, you won’t challenge in identifying important details like the exact color of the car or clothing. In case it’s at nighttime, the camera has powerful infrared LEDs that can see objects up to 64ft away.
The recording only takes place when included motion sensors detect a movement. It can either take place on a local SD card or cloud storage. Sadly, the latter is a renewable subscription but which you first get to try 7 days for free.
On its end, the local storage can help if you have installed the surveillance device at a place with no internet.
Speaking of the internet, this battery-powered security camera can connect with your 2.4 GHz WiFi to allow wireless and remote access functions. This can be a great boost as you’ll know exactly what’s happening on your property, no matter where you’re.
In case you notice it’s potential intruders, you can even use the included microphone and speaker to scare them off.
- MECO Outdoor Surveillance Camera records crisp and sharp images of up to 1080p HD quality
- It has a 120° wide viewing angle and a night vision of up to 64ft
- Runs with a superb rechargeable battery
- Supports micro SD card of up to 128GB [Class 10] and cloud storage service
- Sends motion-activated push notifications and allow remote viewing
- Has built-in mic and speaker for a two-way audio function
- The security camera is IP65 weatherproof. Hence, it doesn’t mind rain, sun, snow, or hail.
- Doesn’t support continuous recording
- Cannot connect with 5GHz WiFi
3. Hiseeu C10 Battery-powered Home Security Camera
- 【Small & Big】Hiseeu C10+ camera the size of a Turkey egg has built-in 2Pcs 3000 mAh high quality...
- 【Easy to install and use】This wire-free battery powered outdoor security camera takes less than...
The Hiseeu C10 is yet another battery operated outdoor security camera with memory card. It has two rechargeable batteries, each rated 3000mAh. This means the 2pcs deliver 6000mAh, which can run the camera for about 2 months when fully charged.
In a real sense, though, the exact period that the batteries will keep the system running usually depends on a number of factors. With this particular one featuring a 1080P lens and two-way audio function, don’t be amazed if the charge lasts 4 or 6 weeks.
With the 1080p HD lens, the images you get are sharp, vivid, and bright. For the nighttime, the device has 3 high-performance infrared LEDs to facilitate the recording of clearer images in low-lighted/ dark backgrounds.
Alongside the PIR Motion detection, the infrared night vision guarantees no activity happens without you knowing.
Designed with a 2.4G wifi antenna, the Hiseeu C10 Home Security Camera do send motion-triggered alerts and support Remote access. This means you can remotely view live feed and playback [if you have active cloud subscription] from anywhere.
In case the Wi-Fi in your location is unstable, the camera comes with a preinstalled 32GB SD card to keep recordings. For optimal efficacy, though, you can add a card of up to 128GB.
- Hiseeu C10 comprises of a high-performance lens with 130-degree viewing angle and 1080p HD resolution
- It has an excellent night vision and advanced motion detection
- Supports live and playback remote viewing
- Has two-way storage, with local SD capacity of up to 128GB and a renewable cloud storage
- Has a high-capacity rechargeable battery
- The security camera is IP65 rated, hence, works great outdoors
- Doesn’t work with Alexa
- At times it can be boring to remove and replace the camera to charge
4. KAMTRON 2.4 Wifi Outdoor Security Camera
- 【Go Wireless With Unrivalled Battery Life】KAMTRON wireless security camera powered by a...
- 【Smart PIR Motion Sensor & IR Night Vision】NO more false alarms caused by raining, snowing or...
Just as its name outlines, the device’s is for outdoors, hence, expect the best from it. If it’s image quality, the fitted image sensor can record crystal footages of up to 1080p HD. The camera lens, on the other hand, has a 130° angle of vision to cover your compound with minimal blind spots.
Featuring a 6000mAh battery, the KAMTRON 2.4 WiFi Security Camera can serve you for up to 4 or 5 months. Just like we have said, though, the exact life of the battery will vary on how busy the device has been.
If you’ll be a frequent user of the added two-way audio function, the battery might fail to reach up to 5 months. The piece is rechargeable, so, you’ll just need to plug into the charging cable.
If by chance, your Wi-Fi signal reaches where you have installed the security unit, you have the advantage of enjoying remote access function. This means you’ll be able to view footages [live feed and playback] using a smart device from any location.
Also, you’ll be getting motion-activated alerts to your smartphone, thereby, remaining updated on what’s happening all-around your property. The included PIR motion sensor will only trigger alerts from humans, animals, or cars. But never from falling leaves, twigs, or snow.
Built for outdoors and indoors, KAMTRON 2.4 Wifi Security Camera is IP65 rated. As such, it’ll still remain functional even in rain or temperatures ranging from 4°F to 131°F.
On another note, the device supports both local and cloud storage. The local storage is a microSD card, with a maximum storage of 128GB.
- KAMTRON 2.4 WiFi Outdoor Security Camera produces clear and colored 1080p images
- It has an excellent infrared night vision that can see up to 32 feet
- Features a built-in mic and speaker to record audio files plus allow a two-way conversation
- Comes with a top-quality rechargeable battery
- Sends motion-triggered alerts and allow remote viewing
- Supports two-way storage, i.e. local SD card and cloud
- The security camera is remarkably weatherproof. Hence, it works outdoors without setbacks.
- Supports only 2.4GHz WiFi connection [5G not supported]
- Doesn’t work with Google Assistant or Alexa.
5. Blink XT Battery Powered Home Security Camera
- WEATHERPROOF FOR OUTDOOR OR INDOOR USE: Place and move your wireless Blink camera anywhere around...
- MOTION DETECTOR: Built-in motion sensor alarm, when motion detector is triggered, Wi-Fi cameras will...
Blink XT is one of the bestselling and best-rated security camera systems in the market, including Amazon. It has a minimalistic design, yeah, but when it comes to work, you get to enjoy its feature in a distinguished way.
With the 2 included batteries, for instance, Blink guarantees an extended life of up to 2 years. In the majority of cases, nonetheless, the period is not achieved due to its numerous functions.
Amongst these functions is the capturing of brilliant, sharp images and videos. The recordings have a resolution of up to 1080p Full HD, hence, you can zoom distant images and still they remain clear.
As a product of the latest technologies, the battery-powered surveillance camera has a highly sensitive motion sensor that you’ll live to adore. It does send motion-activated alerts [plus a short recording] to your smartphone. This helps to keep you on the hook of what’s going on around your home or store.
Sadly, Blink XT Battery Powered Home Security Camera doesn’t support any local storage. It has a free cloud storage space that holds the motion-triggered video clips. As such, you must have a wifi connection for you to enjoy using the device.
You may also check the: Blink xt2 outdoor/indoor smart security camera review
- Blink XT Home Security Camera system comprises of a 1080p camera unit and a Sync Module
- It features a 110° field of view and a camera frame rate of up to 30fps
- Comes with a built-in mic for one-way audio recording
- Records footage in a free cloud space
- Runs with 2 non-rechargeable lithium batteries
- Can work with Alexa devices like Echo Show for hands-free control
- Sends motion-activated alerts and allow remote viewing
- The security camera is IP-65 rated, hence, can do well in rain, sun, and snow
- It has no local storage option
- Doesn’t support 7/24 continuous recording
Even if it depends on a person, a battery operated outdoor security camera with memory card is an incredible piece to own. It means the system doesn’t require any cabling. Hence, you can install it anywhere [with even no power lines]. The available local storage ensures that you can use the security camera in a location without even an internet connection.
In other words, apart from the Blink XT camera system, the other four devices can be used in a remote location where there’s no power or internet. You’ll just need to make sure you have a way to recharge the battery when it’s been depleted.
Therefore, as you enjoy using the camera/s on your farmhouse, be ready to commit yourself to be recharging it. Of course, it might be boring at some point but it’s needed to make sure you got the unblinking eyes around your property.